Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2017, 07:27 PM   #1

AGB36 Won't Start

Stock PZ30 carb.

Was out Sunday riding when I started to experience bogging once I have it more than about 1/4 throttle. Suspected main jet clogged.

Came home and took the carb off and cleaned it. Used carb cleaner on everything but nothing obvious. All orifices seemed clear, no debris, looked good.

It started once for about 5 seconds and then died. I had to run in for dinner so when I can back I put everything together and it won’t start again. It turns over and almost goes for a compression or two but not sustained. I think it is not getting gas as I pulled the plug a few times and it never smelled of gas. I even tried cranking with full throttle and no smell. Tried swapping plugs too.

I know there is gas in the bowl as I loosened the screw from the bottom and gas came out. I cleaned everything and put everything back together including the jet being 2.25 turns backed off from when I took it apart. No hoses seem kinked.

Any ideas?

I walked away for the night, short of taking the tank and plastics off again I don’t know what to do.

Thanks,
Ross

Old 07-19-2017, 08:39 AM   #2

Is inlet manifold to carb sealed? Is inlet valve opening? Try starter fluid?

Old 07-19-2017, 09:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b44 View Post
Is inlet manifold to carb sealed? Is inlet valve opening? Try starter fluid?
I had not considered start fluid through the air filter box. Great idea! That will confirm manifolds and valves.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossw View Post
I had not considered start fluid through the air filter box. Great idea! That will confirm manifolds and valves.
Tried starter fluid, and the bike turned over. Removed the carb... and found the emulsion tube and jet at the bottom of the bowl. Will retighten them tonight and cross my fingers. I must have left it lose and it vibrated off. Lesson learned.