Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2022, 03:52 AM   #1

Location: 2481 Kaladar Ave Unit 103, Ottawa, ON K1V 8B9, Canada
5 Reasons To Install A Storage Box On Your Motorbike

The lack of storage capacity on a motorcycle is one of the main drawbacks of long-distance motorcycle riding. This problem can be solved by purchasing a Honda Grom storage box, which can be placed either on the sides or on the back of your bike and has enough room for all of your important goods. Many bikers aren't fans of top boxes since they feel they detract from the bike's looks. In our opinion, top boxes are a far better option than soft and dry luggage like bags or panniers because they are more practical and convenient.

In comparison to panniers and tank bags, a motorcycle storage box has a number of advantages, including the fact that it does not add width to the bike; it is easy to put on and take off; it provides optimum protection for all of your equipment, and it doubles as a travel sink. A motorcycle storage box, on the other hand, has its drawbacks. For example, if it's excessively laden, it could affect your balance and the vehicle's handling. However, the benefits far exceed the drawbacks.

Convenience is the primary driver, but convenience can be further divided into a variety of factors. All the advantages of a high-quality motorcycle storage box are nearly impossible to describe. Still, we've compiled a list of only five reasons why you should install a Honda Grom storage box in your vehicle.

More Room To Store Things

To put it simply, this is the primary reason for our decision. Since there's no room for a raincoat, do you always get wet in the rain? After putting your bike away, do you need someone to hold your helmet? Trying to find a place for a few more tools?

A Honda Grom storage box fixes all of these issues. Storage boxes from Vander Parts are available in a wide variety of styles and capacities.

Keep Valuables In A Secure Location

When riding a motorcycle and hauling cargo, you need to feel secure. Worrying not only about stealing but also about losing your possessions is a part of this. Only a little pouch for a tool and a piece of cloth are commonly found on motorcycles, except on scooters. The weight of a backpack on your shoulders is unnecessary.

Our storage boxes have locks that are difficult to tamper with unless sheer force or a long time are used to break them open. It doesn't matter how long it takes or how many people know about it when it comes to thieving. Furthermore, the construction of these containers ensures that even in the event of an accident, they will not open and spill their contents. We were able to witness this personally during a few of our rides.

Weatherproof

Dust and water cannot enter a hard-top Honda Grom storage box since it is weatherproof. You can put all of your most important items in the case when it rains. One example is, if you ride your bike to and from work, you need to make sure that your important documents and other items are locked safely so that they won't get damaged, even if it rains.

There's No Need To Carry A Backpack Everywhere

Once you get used to having a storage box, you'll realize that carrying a backpack on your back is inconvenient. On long excursions, carrying a hefty backpack will wear you out. You don't have to leave your bike at home if you're going shopping because there's no room to carry your things. The storage box will resolve your problems. In addition, it will limit the range of motion of your body on the bike.

Ensuring Your Own Safety

Safety here means keeping you from getting hurt physically if something goes wrong. When you carry a heavy backpack, it slows you down and makes you less safe in a crash. Leaving all your things in a case keeps you from being close to the bike.

Conclusion

There is no right or wrong answer, and there are a lot of different ways to set things up, variables, bikes, and trips. What helps one person may not help another. You might start your trip with one plan and change it halfway through. There's nothing wrong with that; it's just adapting!

But as a general rule, soft storage options are for trips that are mostly off-road, and hard storage boxes are for trips that are mostly on asphalt with some dirt roads thrown in. There's a balance between the two, and it's up to you to find that balance and what works for you. The Honda Grom storage box is an excellent investment that won't cost you a fortune but will provide extra storage and comfort while you're on the road. Thanks to the accompanying fitting kit, fitting and installing them is a breeze.
At Vader Parts, We carry all parts for the Boom 125cc Motorcycles, Honda Grom Clone Parts, Baodiao BD125-10 Parts, Kawasaki Ninja Clone Motorcycle Parts BD125-11. Dongfang DF250RTS DF50SST Motorcycle Parts.

Old 05-25-2022, 08:19 AM   #2

beer. you gotta be able to carry beer home.

Old 05-25-2022, 01:40 PM   #3

I solved the problem of theft from my soft bag by installing a storage box. Instead of stealing my stuff out of the box -- they took the whole thing...

Old 05-25-2022, 11:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldenslow View Post
I solved the problem of theft from my soft bag by installing a storage box. Instead of stealing my stuff out of the box -- they took the whole thing...
I live in a town of 103 people. If something gets hooked, someone's getting their ass beat.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-26-2022, 06:30 AM   #5

Confused. Did this company pay to put this ad here?

Or is everyone allowed to post ads?

Old 05-26-2022, 08:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post
Confused. Did this company pay to put this ad here?

Or is everyone allowed to post ads?
VaderParts is a sister company of Venom Motorsports that sells parts for bike they sell.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-26-2022, 10:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
VaderParts is a sister company of Venom Motorsports that sells parts for bike they sell.
Do they own the forum? Sorry. I’m just a little confused. Or are they a paid vendor or something? Currently I see a banner ad for Venom Motorsports at the top while I am posting this message.

Maybe this is better taken to one of those about the forum areas than in this thread. I guess I’m curious how the advertising works here. Typically on a forum the vendors are well marked. They pay to place ads in a part of the forum that’s kind of sequestered away from the regular talking.

I’m not sure how this post fits. Because I have never seen one like this year before. This is kind of a new concept.

And hopefully nobody is getting upset about my questioning. I’m just very much curious how it works here. Also, venom motorsports should be quite happy. I’m bumping this to the top of the active conversation continuously by commenting on it. Lol. So they are right at the top of the newest posts

Old 05-26-2022, 10:17 AM   #8

Venom Motorsports, Powersports max, Brozz250 and VMC are sponsors of the forum. Those guys pay the bills to keep the forum going.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-26-2022, 04:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Venom Motorsports, Powersports max, Brozz250 and VMC are sponsors of the forum. Those guys pay the bills to keep the forum going.

Gotcha. Thank you. I was very curious.

Old 05-29-2022, 02:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
Daypack/backpack. Until I have a box on the rack

I had a wooden wine case on the rack of my Suzi 1100 GS in the 80s. The beer would get shook up pretty badly. The back pack is cushioned, can open one upon arrival. You can drive carefully if its on the rack. I guess I wasn't too careful!

Old 05-31-2022, 12:57 PM   #11

I had a KLR650 and used on like this. Painted the same color as the bike. Many sizes and colcors.

https://www.amazon.com/CleverMade-Co...07HKRHRJK?th=1

Old 06-03-2022, 03:07 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to willardnigma Send a message via MSN to willardnigma Send a message via Yahoo to willardnigma
I just got one of these. After my bike was stolen and totaled a little jb weld to fix where the latch catches and it was back in action.

Never and I repeat NEVER leave anything of value on your bike when it's parked.
First step of security is not taking un needed risk.

Amazon link

Old 06-03-2022, 07:41 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinders View Post
I had a KLR650 and used on like this. Painted the same color as the bike. Many sizes and colcors.

https://www.amazon.com/CleverMade-Co...07HKRHRJK?th=1

Milk crates are great. Tough, cheap, lots of places to hook bungi cords. My scooter came with a color matched top box but I use a milk crate instead.

Old 09-18-2022, 12:56 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
YOU NAILED IT!!!!!!!!!
One of my fav things to do is toast a new weekend on Friday eve with a frosty cold sixxer I grabbed on the way home. Feels good knowing there is some cold IPA's in my backpack, a fresh direct deposit in the bank, and a nice backroad trip home on my Xpect. Damn I love this bike