Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2016, 09:28 PM   #1

Thumbs Up Newhampshire title app and reg ago.

I received my Mco Tuesday and went straight to my town clerk to get my title app and my hawk registered.
When I first got there I tried what had worked for lefty but when the town clerk punched in the letters that had work for lefty in nh it was a no go for me.
My town clerk said it may have been because where he got his registered the town may not yet be hooked straight up to the states main frame as my town was.
I asked about seeing a list and the town clerk said there was no list that she could show me because it was in the main frame at the dmv in concord.
So after we tried a few different combos of the name of the company and even rps hawk none worked, my town clerk called concord directly.
After being transferred twice and waiting on hold for 20 mins she finally got the person she needed to talk too.
The town clerk explained that it was a Chinese motorcycle it was brand new and she had a Mco for it.
But that the computer wouldn't accept the name and wouldn't let her complete the title app and registration.
So the person from concord told her to put cycl as the make of the vehicle, model was still HS250.
My town clerk did that and bam the title app spit out and I was able to register the hawk.
So if you live in NH and lefty sway doesn't work for you as it didn't for me have your town clerk put CYCL in box 7 of the title app where it says make of vehicle and it should spit your app out no problem so you can register it.
Just tell your town clerk that this is what another town did in nh and that's what they were told to put there by concord dmv.
Hope this helps others and I have been having a blast riding the hawk around.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:09 PM   #2

Hawks in New Hampshire

kingman,
That is great news, mine had been registered in Mass and my MCO was absolutely blank. when I got it Inspected he had to go to "other" as the make. Gieco knew what it was from the s# So Whatever it takes! 300 kilometers and counting......

Best,
Lefty

2015 Hawk 250
1972 Honda CT70
Lost along the way;
1982 GS1100L
1983 Honda 185s atc
1974 Puch 175mx
Right Arm

Old 05-19-2016, 01:30 AM   #3

Thanks bro, and I agree hopefully for others in nh one of our methods will work for all bro.
We will have to get a nh hawk ride going if more people from no start buying the hawk.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:06 AM   #4

"A Cast Of Hawks Swoops Thru New Hampshire"

I may have to try the Rockingham Recreational Rail Trail between 107 and 28. this is one of the few open so far this spring.
Best,
Lefty

2015 Hawk 250
1972 Honda CT70
Lost along the way;
1982 GS1100L
1983 Honda 185s atc
1974 Puch 175mx
Right Arm

Old 05-19-2016, 09:39 PM   #5

107 /28 trails

You know lefty I think I may have been on those trails yesterday.
I entered in Fremont and they are old railroad track beds that the ohrv took over.
If those are the ones you are refuring to, man they are nice.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingman652000 View Post
I received my Mco Tuesday and went straight to my town clerk to get my title app and my hawk registered.
When I first got there I tried what had worked for lefty but when the town clerk punched in the letters that had work for lefty in nh it was a no go for me.
My town clerk said it may have been because where he got his registered the town may not yet be hooked straight up to the states main frame as my town was.
I asked about seeing a list and the town clerk said there was no list that she could show me because it was in the main frame at the dmv in concord.
So after we tried a few different combos of the name of the company and even rps hawk none worked, my town clerk called concord directly.
After being transferred twice and waiting on hold for 20 mins she finally got the person she needed to talk too.
The town clerk explained that it was a Chinese motorcycle it was brand new and she had a Mco for it.
But that the computer wouldn't accept the name and wouldn't let her complete the title app and registration.
So the person from concord told her to put cycl as the make of the vehicle, model was still HS250.
My town clerk did that and bam the title app spit out and I was able to register the hawk.
So if you live in NH and lefty sway doesn't work for you as it didn't for me have your town clerk put CYCL in box 7 of the title app where it says make of vehicle and it should spit your app out no problem so you can register it.
Just tell your town clerk that this is what another town did in nh and that's what they were told to put there by concord dmv.
Thanks for posting the good tip.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-22-2016, 02:08 AM   #7

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingman652000 View Post
I wanted to let everyone know that my title arrived in the mail last week.
I was at bike week so didn't have a chance to post,the hawk is now officially a titled vehicle in the state of NH.
On the title where it says make the state decided to call it a HAOS.
My town clerk said they would change box 7 where she was instructed to put cycl as the make when they decided what to call it,lol.
So nh people remember box 7 tell the town clerk to put cycl as that's what concord instructed another town to do,and all will go thru fine.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:35 AM   #8

Great news !

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 08-31-2016, 01:55 PM   #9

Another successful NH Registration

Thanks to Lefty and Kingman652000 for posting their NH registration experience. Just wanted to confirm my friend and I were able to register our Hawks today. You can now tell the clerk to use HAOS in box 7 as it is now in the state database for new titles.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartons8 View Post
Thanks to Lefty and Kingman652000 for posting their NH registration experience. Just wanted to confirm my friend and I were able to register our Hawks today. You can now tell the clerk to use HAOS in box 7 as it is now in the state database for new titles.
Excellent info! Thanks for the confirmation. It might even be good to start a new thread on your specific model, in case someone in NH is searching for the same info.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #11

Amherst

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartons8 View Post
In Amherst, I went to the town clerk and mentioned box 7 and they said "What!" so I said make? and they entered HOAS and the model as HAwk and then the color and ............. I got a registration. Thank you to those who blazed a trail before me.

Toys include Audi B7, running Stage 2+, S4 Brakes. My VW Vanagon is running 2.5l VVT Subaru engine, 18" AMG wheels, Porsche 944 Steering Wheel, W eekender interior. 1989 VW Vanagon Bluestar one of 2500, 1986 Honda Shadow, 2000 Suzuki Intruder, 1988 Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1976 Mercury Capri II, a bunch of Trailers including a shortened Vanagon for camping, a Sequoia and the latest addition a 2019 Hawk 250. (But dont tell the wife! ) (Latest latest addition a 1995 fwd Subaru SVX)