Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2018, 03:32 PM   #1

Registration issues

So, I bought a Hawk 250 from a person (person #1 henceforth). Person #1 gave me a bill of sale, and an MSO. I later got a VIN verification as well. I take it to local tag office in GA, and here's what happens:

I go in and hand them all my paperwork. However, on MSO, there is another name (person #2 henceforth). Person #2 originally bought the bike, and never titled the bike because they didn't wanna ride it on road and sold it to #1 who sold it to me. Tag office won't title it because person #2 didn't title it.

So. on MSO, I go to person #2's address and turns out he gone. If he's dead, I can't obtain death certificate. Most likely, he moved away, and I can't contact him. So, now person #2 can't do anything.

I talked to a cop and got person #1 to fill out the back of MSO. I go back today and they say he has to title it. But if I give it to him to title, he'll need to go through #2 and we'll be back at square one.

So tomorrow, I'm going to go in with only the bill of sale and VIN verification and see what happens.

If anyone has any advice on what to do, or suggestions or whatnot, please let me know. I'll keep this updated until I either get it titled or throw it off a cliff.

U.S Army MP, 31 Bravo
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

Bike and important mods (with links if available):
1979 Yamaha Special XS650 (Current)

2016 Hawk 250 (Sold)
-NGK Spark Plug
-JT 16t/43t sprocket switch
-Exhaust Baffle Remove

Tags
dmv, mso, tag, title