Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2024, 05:41 PM   #1

Oh No My quest on finding a carb boot that fits the Templar...

Guys I think I'm going crazy. I've looked at so many carb boots and literally there isn't a single one that fits. How is that possible? The openings fit, sure, but the shape of the boot is never right. All the boots that I've tried point either up or down, but the OEM boot points in. I can't talk to X-pro themselves because I didn't buy the bike from them; I got it second hand. Is there not a single bike that has a boot that curves inwards? At this point I'm considering 3D printing my own boot out of TPU and starting my own company. Any guidance will be appreciated! I'm just getting really tired of looking at ebay and scrolling in hopes of seeing a unicorn. I attached a pic of what the OEM carb boot looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8320.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	911.6 KB
ID:	30689  

Last edited by GigaXi; 01-19-2024 at 08:12 PM. Reason: typo

Old 01-20-2024, 10:32 AM   #2

Which Templar model? I have a brand new one still in the genuine parts packaging but it has a model printed on the label of X7-CB250F (TEMPLAR X).
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 01-20-2024, 12:37 PM   #3

X! How did you get yours? xpro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
Which Templar model? I have a brand new one still in the genuine parts packaging but it has a model printed on the label of X7-CB250F (TEMPLAR X).

Old 01-20-2024, 02:28 PM   #4

I don't have an issue with buying from x-pro, but I just cant find the boot anywhere. And I can't contact Xprousa either since I didn't buy the bike from them. I have the order number for when the bike was originally purchased so I guess I could use that, but then I'd still need the email of the original purchaser I think, so I'm not sure how that would work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
Why not buy one from X-pro many people on here have baught parts from CSC for the TT250 for thier Hawk 250s with no problems. It`s worth a try.

Old 01-20-2024, 02:53 PM   #5

PowerSportMax just asks for the VIN. They might be able to go back through their manufacturing sources to verify, but I am pretty sure that it is the same part for the entire model. The only question might be 5speed/6speed. I would bet they can source it for you.

Old 01-20-2024, 04:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaXi View Post
I don't have an issue with buying from x-pro, but I just cant find the boot anywhere. And I can't contact Xprousa either since I didn't buy the bike from them. I have the order number for when the bike was originally purchased so I guess I could use that, but then I'd still need the email of the original purchaser I think, so I'm not sure how that would work...
They are a business ,and business runs on MONEY ! They will take your money or send you to a dealer who will .Do you think people who buy used cars are unable to purchase parts at the dealership that originally sold it ? No different here.

Old 01-20-2024, 09:20 PM   #7

Unless I'm missing something, powersportsmax does ask for a buuuunch of stuff, including order number. I just made a parts request with them. Filled out what I could; we'll see if they get back to me. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
PowerSportMax just asks for the VIN. They might be able to go back through their manufacturing sources to verify, but I am pretty sure that it is the same part for the entire model. The only question might be 5speed/6speed. I would bet they can source it for you.

Old 01-20-2024, 09:22 PM   #8

Fair point! Just made a request with them. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
They are a business ,and business runs on MONEY ! They will take your money or send you to a dealer who will .Do you think people who buy used cars are unable to purchase parts at the dealership that originally sold it ? No different here.

Old 01-26-2024, 02:41 PM   #9

Just wanted to post an update! Powersportsmax did send me a replacement! 35 bucks... but it got here in 2 days! A little pricey for a carb boot but oh well. I just put it on and it fit like a glove. Thanks everyone!

Tags
parts, templarx