Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Yes, the slow and main jets are in mm. I doubt that you'll find bits small enough to drill out the slow jet. I often drill out main jets.
OK, so I got a Mikuni for Christmas and it came with 100 mains and 20 idles. fitted it on and took it for a rip. it's definitely running lean, popping in the muffler on coast down and the plug was whiteish.
the closest drill I have in my index is .042", so this would be about a 107 main hole. It idles a lot better than the keihin once it's up to temperature and there's a lot more power to be had. it runs right thru the red line in all the gears without breaking a sweat.
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 12-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #47

That's good news. A larger slow jet would help it warm up faster, and they're cheap and easy to find on eBay.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-26-2015, 12:42 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_in_az View Post
well I finally bit the bullet and ordered a new lifan 200 engine. The conversion of the 125 to 225 is not possible and last weekend I think I blew the rings on the 125 engine. I have no compression at all.
So rather than rebuild the 125 engine I figured I'd get a new 200 engine and put the 67mm jug and ported 250 head that I have on it.
I had to sell the TS185 to pay for it, but that's OK
I love what you have done to the panterra. So far you're the only person I have seen do a successful motor swap on here. Since you decided to go with a Cg200 and said that was the biggest thing the bike could fit, I went looking for suitable cg200s and came across a seller on taobao that has the dimensions of the cg200 and the Cg250 side by side and they have almost the same dimensions.

Did you verify that a cg225/250 wouldn't fit? Thank you for your help! Great thread.
1988 Kawasaki Kdx 200cc

Old 08-27-2015, 12:31 AM   #49

There isn't likely to be much of an external difference. The displacement is all about bore and stroke, and the engines share the same frame of architecture, for the most part. An engine over 200 (like a 223) has a larger stud spacing for the cylinder, but even that doesn't make much difference. I've yet to see an actual air cooled 250; many of them are labeled as 250, but they are actually 223 or 230.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer