Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2024, 11:28 AM   #1591

Wink here's your 30 bhp 300 cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
I want more power. 300cc and 25 to 30 HP please Templar!!
` sounds like you're ready for a TrailMaster TM38EX?
https://motobuys.com/collections/dir...lmaster-tm38ex
The alternative is a KLX300 for ~$6,650, if you can find a dealer to let you have one for that.

Old 02-19-2024, 02:51 PM   #1592

I have been lurking more these days due to a new job with 12+ hour shift work on a random 7/24 schedule.

Here is my Tire and Rim compatibility study I have worked on for the past year that I have owned my Templar X 250. It may help someone.

Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

It was finalized with a comparison of popular 70/30 tires for dual-sports.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 02-19-2024, 03:01 PM   #1593

I seem to have missed some interesting ideas for being able to hold the choke open on the OEM stock carburetor while starting the bike.

From someone who starts his Templar X 250 at 4:30am even in 28F or lower temperatures I have never had an issue.

Here is my tool, cost me 5 cents if I am lucky:

I use this tool in combination with the nice red idle adjustment screw I got from aliexpress back when I first bought my Templar X 250

I turn the IDLE adjustment knob 360 degrees inwards to open up the idle. Then I fasten the rubber band around the choke lever - wrap the left mirror post - then the other end around the choke lever.... DONE! Just start the bike and as it warms up in the cold temperature I proceed to put on my motorcycle jacket, armor and helmet, and gloves. By the time my dressing routine is done the Templar X 250 engine is well warmed up with full choke and starting to slow down a bit and I then unwrap the rubber band, put my "choke tool" back in my motorcycle jacket pocket where it is always stored. Spend a bit of time easing out the choke to lean out the engine and let it get higher in temperature than on full choke and get used to leaner fuel mixture.

Then when its running on its own at choke off I turn back the red idle speed screw to 1,500 rpm. DONE.... go ride to work.

One time one of my many choke tools in my motorcycle jacket pocket finally snapped in half after extended use, I spent 1 second and no cents fixing it. I just tied the two ends together and the tool continued to function perfectly.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 02-19-2024, 06:54 PM   #1594

That's one happy engine getting some temp into it before giving it the beans. I see too many guys going whiskey throttle after just a few seconds, makes me cringe.

Hey, anybody ever put a manual t-chain tensioner on one of these. I don't trust auto tensioners. Especially if the timing chain is prone to stretching like the drive chain.

Old 02-19-2024, 06:55 PM   #1595

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbale View Post
What main jet and pilot jet are you running in that stock carb?
Factory YouAll Carb was 120 main, 40 pilot

Installed 125 main, 42 pilot. Factory air & exhaust never removed catalytic converter.

Old 02-20-2024, 05:08 AM   #1596

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandiver View Post
Where do I buy factory graphics for 250 Templer X
GypsyR posted that ProMotorSports has them. PowerSportsMax probably has the OEM decals too.

Old 02-20-2024, 09:11 AM   #1597

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
GypsyR posted that ProMotorSports has them. PowerSportsMax probably has the OEM decals too.
GypsyR had a total brainfart and meant PowerSportsMax. No idea where I got ProMotorsports from, sorry.

Old 02-20-2024, 03:44 PM   #1598

Anybody know a fork seals Honda/KTM/generic part number for this bike? A Facebook person contacted psm and all they could do was sell him a fork leg. I bet there is a direct replacement, trick is to find the part number.

Old 02-20-2024, 06:55 PM   #1599

Quote:
Anybody know a fork seals Honda/KTM/generic part number for this bike? A Facebook person contacted psm and all they could do was sell him a fork leg. I bet there is a direct replacement, trick is to find the part number.
Look for parts off the make/model the bike copied !

Old 02-21-2024, 10:12 AM   #1600

PSM says no seals for sale, sold the guy a fork leg. Anyone know the email to the guy who does forks? I'm a dog with a bone on this one. Once I find the correct seal information I'm going to post it on the sticky thread for safe keeping. I know these KKE forks are perfect copies of some version of fork out there

Old 02-21-2024, 12:38 PM   #1601

Try Joe Henner motorsports
GasGas TXT 125

Old 02-22-2024, 11:41 AM   #1602

X-Pro Templar 250 X - do these have spark arrestors?

The title pretty much says it all... I'm curious if these come with Spark Arrestors pre-installed on the X-Pro Templar 250 X or if I should install one after market? Is there is a thread that covers this? Thanks!

Old 02-22-2024, 12:10 PM   #1603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekenti View Post
Hey there,

I finally settled down, bought a truck, and am ready to get a bike now! I used to go dirt biking every weekend with my dad, but when I moved out a few years ago he decided to sell my bike from under me. Been dreaming of being on a dirtbike since then. I love wrenching on stuff, and it seems if care is taken on assembly, the Templar X is pretty good.

I am 5'7" and 200 lbs which seems to be pretty close to what the suspension on the TX can handle max. I am working to get down to 160-170 which the bike's stock suspension would hopefully handle pretty decent.

From what I've read so far there are mixed results on getting a FL title for this bike. It would not be the end of the world if I can't get it street-legal. Most of its life will be on trails and OHV areas anyway, but it would be really neat if I could get it legalized for the road. I heard the MCO comes with "offroad only" but some seem to have success with contacting the seller to get an amended "motorcycle" MCO. I plan on sending an email in after I place my order to request the motorcycle MCO.

I'm planning on ordering from PowerSportsMax as this seems the best deal for me. Mixed reviews on their customer service. Seems half have great experience and the other half can't even get a response from them.

TLDR;

Anyone here who was able to get a "motorcycle" MCO and register the Templar X for onroad in Florida? Should I buy from PowerSportsMax, would ordering directly from XPRO USA be better, or maybe even Amazon?

Thanks,

Vek.
Your question may have been answered, but I thought i'd share my experience. I ordered 2 bikes from PowerSportsMax, I received the MCO with "offroad motorcycle". I reached out to them stating that title/MCO received needed to be updated to "motorcycle". I'm located in Arkansas and not Florida, but if you need to get the MCO re-issued you may have similar luck with PSM.

The first response from PSM was "We provide paperwork for you to get registration but we don't guarantee it can be registered as road legal. You need to check with your local DMV".

I politely responded that I had spoken with my local DMV and they that had informed me that if the MCO has the designation "Off Road Motorcycles" then the bike can not be licensed. I also mentioned that I was aware of others that purchased these same bikes (thanks Chinariders!) and that they were able to have them registered in my state and they shared similar experiences and the necessity to have the MCO re-issued correctly for on road use. Once this was changed they were able to license the motorcycle with no problem.. I then asked if they could please direct me to someone that could assist with having the MCO on the two bikes I purchased changed from "Off Road Motorcycle" to "Motorcycle".

My next response was from PSM verifying the address where I wanted the MSO to be sent and then later a USPS tracking number.

I'm watching for the updated MCO to arrive any day now.

It did take a few days to get an initial response from PSM but I was very pleased with their willingness to assist.

Old 02-22-2024, 01:04 PM   #1604

Quote:
PSM says no seals for sale, sold the guy a fork leg. Anyone know the email to the guy who does forks? I'm a dog with a bone on this one. Once I find the correct seal information I'm going to post it on the sticky thread for safe keeping. I know these KKE forks are perfect copies of some version of fork out there
Seals are sold at hydraulic repair shops etc ,get the numbers off the old seal and match them up ,or measure what you have and cross the measurements to get a real number .

Old 02-22-2024, 03:53 PM   #1605

Nope...there are posts I believe in this thread that link to compatible ones. On YouTube I think it was Oregon Adventure Rider who also specd one with a link. As I recall they're about $80. One of the more knowledgeable people on here will likely chime in with more info.

Last edited by Weresquatch; 02-23-2024 at 02:14 PM.