Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2019, 03:42 PM   #1

New Vader 125cc! Tips for a noob??

Hey guys, new to this forum and just ordered my Vader on December 1st from powersportsmax. So far it’s been updated to “sent to warehouse” I’m assuming it’s pretty busy for the holiday season so I’m not too impatient about it but I did order it with rush processing. I wanted to ask you guys if there’s anything I should know and what I should check over when I receive the bike. It’s my first bike so I’m pretty excited. Also ordered the expedited mco, should I expect it to arrive with the bike or after?

Old 12-05-2019, 11:03 AM   #2

Two things you really need to do are change the oil out in it immediately, the oil that comes in them is not really good for running it but is more a shipping oil used to inhibit corrosion while its chipped here from China on a container ship .
Make sure you get a good synthetic oil thats RATED for wet clutch use ,or you can use Rotella .
Second thing is plan on replacing the stock fuel lines for silicone line ( 3/16" or 5mm )
as the Ethanol in US Gas it almost all has will rot the Chinese fuel lines quickly and cause all kinds of problems.

Other than that check all nuts and bolts for tightness , add blue loctite to everything you can ,this is covered in many threads on this Forum. The factory carb is so-so and an easy upgrade is available but it should run fine for now with the stock carb, they wouldnt sell many if you couldnt even ride it out of the box without replacing the carb. Take your time assembling it and grease the front axle and lube all cables and so forth and the chain. Adjust your clutch and throttle cable free plays , thats about it.

I have a 2018 Gen 2 Vader and it has been a great little bike ,I think you will enjoy it.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 12-05-2019, 02:23 PM   #3

Thanks! Around here the speed limit varies from 45-50. Do you think if I keep the stock carb and change the front sprocket to a 17t I’ll be able to keep up with traffic? Just looking to use it for zipping around town, once the bike is broken in a bit I’ll probably start modding it, thinking about the mikuni carb and some exhaust work.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:02 AM   #4

Mine was ok on the stock carb for putting around, but first gear was useless til I changed the front sprocket.
Hope you enjoy it and hope to read more of your Vader Experience!

Old 12-06-2019, 04:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrfxr67 View Post
Mine was ok on the stock carb for putting around, but first gear was useless til I changed the front sprocket.
Hope you enjoy it and hope to read more of your Vader Experience!
Thanks! I was wondering about the headlight bulb and searching on here some say h11, h4 and h6, I plan on switching to a LED bulb. Do you know what the right bulb would be? Trying to make it safer to ride at night

Old 12-06-2019, 08:18 PM   #6

Pop your headlight off and check the connector for the bulb. If I remember correctly the Icebear Fuerza was an h4. But the Vader and tap tap were different?

Old 12-09-2019, 11:27 AM   #7

You probably need to count the teeth on the stock front sprocket ,Stunters run 14's because they want torque not top end, the stock size is 15, most commuters run with the 17., which makes the super lo 1st gear actually usable and also offers more top end.

I think the Factory may have got wind of all the replacing going on because mine came with a 16 tooth front sprocket which is 1 up from the old stock 15 ,but 1 down from a 17 ,which is a tight fit clearance wise.It will work but you need to keep chain really well adjusted if you run a 17. If yours came with the 16 then you should be fine .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 12-09-2019, 12:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dht1998 View Post
Thanks! I was wondering about the headlight bulb and searching on here some say h11, h4 and h6, I plan on switching to a LED bulb. Do you know what the right bulb would be? Trying to make it safer to ride at night
I bought some leds but didn't have good luck w them. Put my old crappy stock bulbs back in and wired in a switch so I they'd only be on if I wanted them on. I imagine you'd do better with an upgrade for night riding. Sorry can't remember what H they were,....