Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2014, 01:37 AM   #1

watercooled cg200 popping

Gday guys went riding today .bike started straight away but is popping thru exhaust have changed air cleaner only since last ride and gave a good wash . bike went and started well alday but had consistent pop and slight miss

Old 11-03-2014, 04:28 AM   #2

Am thinking mixture screw but that would normally be change from low to mid revs? This is more when bike under load that the popping and miss occurs . like I said all I've done since last ride was a new air cleaner and a decent wash .rode today for about 5 hours so would have thought that that should have eliminated any water issues if that was the problem

Old 11-03-2014, 10:01 AM   #3

Is the air filter oiled?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #4

No weld its just the normal sock type of filter .wondering if maybe water on or around jet as down low it appears fine only under load and when rev,d that it pops out exhaust ,so thinking its running out of fuel ,bike still appears to have the same amount of power and torque down low , did a lot of hill climbing yesterday and even with the pop and missing still did it quite easy ,I wouldn't expect electrics as the bike doesn't seem to die as such just pops ,misses then power then pos misses power consistently till I back off slightly

Old 11-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #5

popping

could be ( 1 ) of three things..... bad CDI..... CARB flooding at high speed... valves need adjusting... the CDI is the easest thing.. if you have a spare or access to another one.... it may be time for the valves to be adjusted.. the carb would be the last thing

Old 11-04-2014, 04:00 AM   #6

May even be a head gasket ?