Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2022, 08:23 PM   #16

trying a bit of a different one, the nibbi PE28FL on my xmotos 250. By all the specs it should be a 100% direct fit with no headache at all. Supposed to be here tomorrow with the jet kit i ordered.

Old 05-10-2022, 09:04 PM   #17

not a direct fit, required some frame cutting (non important) and had hell finding a filter system it liked (no way to use oem set up) tried all kinds of tricks and 3 different pod filters and could either get good top end, and no bottom end power, or vice versa.

FINALLY got this carb acting as awesome as fuel injection. NO BOG at any point in the throttle and starts cold in an air conditioned garage with no help, choke anything, and even cold runs flawless.

3 different pod filters, 3 different results. None were perfect. Then i got to thinking about some of the hot rods i've built and had an "ah ha" moment.

It needed a velocity stack. Yet it needs a filter.

So the answer was a 2"-3" 45* silicone turbo boot, and a 3" ID spectre air filter. This kills the turbulence in the carb, and creates the "constant velocity" the carb requires. Something a normal pod filter alone cannot do. The jetting changed drastically with this set up as well.

With the best running pod filter (ran the same with NO filter) it used a 42 pilot and a 115 main with the needle in the # 5 position. float set dead on at 18mm. This Gave me very good throttle response and awesome power to get the front end off the ground with my 15t-40t sprocket set. The down side is i lost all power above 5,000 rpm killing my top end.
With this new set up, jetted at 42 pilot, 145 main (anything lower than 140 and there is bog from 3/4 throttle to wide open), and needle still in the #5 position, float still set dead on at 18mm, I kept the awesome throttle response and can now rev instantly to 10,000 rpm. Way to high, in neutral it revs like a 2 stroke now. Now i can hit 80mph with the wind at my back at 8500 rpm. Again, revved to high but it will do it. The vibrations above 60 mph are annoying, above 65mph the vibration is awful but seems to smooth out after 70. Harmonics maybe????

Anyway it now hangs neck and neck with my friends Honda 300L. Except i have a better 1st gear for wheelies and trail riding. His first gear sucks.

The very over sized pod filter actually fits under the plastics. .

Old 11-20-2022, 11:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSendIt View Post
I just recently installed the Nibbi 30mm flat slide carb on the Apollo Rfz Db-36 250. It was a complete pain in the ass, none of the adapters were the one I needed. So I had to custom fab and/ or modify adaptors. It barely fits, have to remove the airbox and tank and everything to get it in there, but let me tell you. ITS A WHOLE DIFFERENT ANIMAL!! completely surprized and somewhat impressed with the machine now. I usually ride a built 98 RM250 that's just plain NASTY but this carb actually made this thing move! ITS STILL HEAVY, AWKWARD, AND A 4 ATROKE. but all in all I'd say yes to anyone looking to almost double their output on the apollo 250
Wondering what jets you are running i recently purchased the 30mm nibbi and can not get the bike to start and when it dose fire for a second it smokes black

Old 07-19-2023, 09:55 PM   #19

Quote:
I just recently installed the Nibbi 30mm flat slide carb on the Apollo Rfz Db-36 250. It was a complete pain in the ass, none of the adapters were the one I needed. So I had to custom fab and/ or modify adaptors. It barely fits, have to remove the airbox and tank and everything to get it in there, but let me tell you. ITS A WHOLE DIFFERENT ANIMAL!! completely surprized and somewhat impressed with the machine now. I usually ride a built 98 RM250 that's just plain NASTY but this carb actually made this thing move! ITS STILL HEAVY, AWKWARD, AND A 4 ATROKE. but all in all I'd say yes to anyone looking to almost double their output on the apollo 250
Could you show how you fabricated the intake? This is an absolute pain in the ass to install.

Old 01-27-2024, 01:28 PM   #20

so using the nibbi pe30 carb on this bike...what jets did y'all use? i believer mine came with a 35 and a 128, but the bike dies when i try to open the throttle. it starts fine with the choke open but when i shut the choke off it idled for a moment then cut off. this would be either a gas flow problem 9whiuch i doubt because i drained my tank and used fresh gas) or maybe i am running lean? should i change the jets first or try adjusting the needle height?

Old 03-13-2024, 10:03 PM   #21

Intake Manifold Xmotos XB-88 250cc

Anyone know where I would be able to find this Intake?
It has FA2P stamped on it, I have looked and looked but can’t find it except on the Xmotos website but it’s based in Czech Republic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2439.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	30986   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2440.jpeg
Views:	5
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	30987   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2441.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	30988  

Old 03-26-2024, 09:38 AM   #22

Quote:
How did u fab the adapters and how do u remove the air box just bought a rfz250 Apollo and having issues with nobbi carb as well help