Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2018, 10:34 AM   #1

Head Scratching Apollo Brand.

I know there is probably a question out there similar to this maybe even the same. Before anyone has says anything yes I have check for like 5 hours already.

How do I know I'm buying an actual Apollo made brand rather than some other company just slapping Apollo plastic covers on their bikes and selling them as Apollo. I ask because I bought an "Apollo 125 ccDB99" but its slower by like 5-8 MPH than my buddy's bike. my top speed is like 40.4 and takes a while to get there. he has the same model and his goes 50.9 (he's went 53 before once on like a 3 mile straight stretch) top speed. we also both weight the same about 160ish. Both the engines say 125cc. All 4 gears work as well. if mine isn't a true Apollo where do I get one. the site he bought his from is no longer running. Alternative how do I make it faster?

Old 06-26-2018, 10:39 AM   #2

Futher more

I am also looking for a decent Apollo 250. for cheap or trade.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:15 AM   #3

Here is the cheapest shipped price I found. My buddy bought from them, and had a good experience.

https://www.motomaxus.com/250cc-adult-dirt-bike-en.html

Old 06-26-2018, 01:11 PM   #4

[QUOTE=Addie;284573]I know there is probably a question out there similar to this maybe even the same. Before anyone has says anything yes I have check for like 5 hours already.

How do I know I'm buying an actual Apollo made brand rather than some other com

thing i found when buying my hawk,was research research an more ,i took a few weeks the hawk though there seems to be alot more info on the hawk ,that what it seems to take or for me ,check who your buying from as well as the bike you want

just a for instance if a guy asks wich 150 scooter should they buy i would recomend the tao tao 150cc ,been known to go 30000 miles with no problems or min problems google who makes apollo

Old 06-26-2018, 01:48 PM   #5

Thumbs Up Thank you

Is it delivered built or build yourself? I don't think I was sold a true Apollo! :( after reading the info here) the number n the motor comes up as a 110cc but the motor says 125CC wow...

Old 06-26-2018, 07:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Is it delivered built or build yourself
I'm almost 100% that it would be delivered as a build it yourself. They come about 85-90% assembled.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:01 PM   #7

just

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Is it delivered built or build yourself? I don't think I was sold a true Apollo! :( after reading the info here) the number n the motor comes up as a 110cc but the motor says 125CC wow...
post pictures when you get it ?? did you get it they have 125 cc an 110cc an 250 cc choices ,google apollo 125 cc dirt bike there are like 4 different sellers of the bike ,it has 229 cc same engine as the hawk pretty much.they come 85 to 90% already put together ,or some dealers will assemble the bike for you for a fee ,but its easy just get with a friend an put it together ,ebay sells the upgraded carb for them an all the plastics incase you ever need them

,its like the front tire the head light speedometer front brake an a few other things need to be put together ,hope that helps

who did you buy it from ??? ,what makes you think you got something other then the 125cc

you should have email an confirmation of the sale ,your posts are a bit confusing