Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Complete Machines
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2018, 02:30 PM   #1

2007 Hi-Bird 250cc

Hello. As the title says, I'm putting my Hi-bird up for sale. I just haven't rode it as much as I wanted or thought I would. I literally have a garage full of projects so it would be great if someone got it that would ride it. Mostly stock, except for a new(er) carb, fuel petcock, and side panels. Mirrors too. It has under 140 miles on the odometer, and I'm pretty sure that's correct.. So, not even broke in.. The tires look it, and the brake rotors are barely discolored, let alone worn. Funny, but it was missing a few very small things but nothing big when I got it, such as the mirrors and some of the emmissions tubing. I have NO idea why any of that was missing on a bike so 'new', but it was a bit taken apart too.. Theres a blank off plate on the exhaust pipe now... The new carb is because the choke cable and (handlebar) lever were missing, so this one has the lever on the side of the carb.
It's the dual sport, and registered with a WA state title. Ran good when i've taken it out, but I put a few scrathes on it.. It seems to have decent power, but reading the threads, and with weldngrind and spudriders advice, (and others of course), you can probably tweek and modify this for better performance. I just haven't due to all the other projects I have.
It starts right up, but only with the electric start. Doesn't seem to with the kick starter. Again, something I haven't gotten to..
I'm asking $600. Located on Whidbey Island in WA state, so about 2 hours north of Seattle.
I posted here first but probably gonna list it on craigslist too. I'll add photos or send them to you in email if you like.. I thnk that's everything, but please ask anything specific you want to know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180511_hibird1.jpg (103.5 KB, 481 views)
File Type: jpg 20180511_hibird2.jpg (102.3 KB, 404 views)
File Type: jpg 20180511_hibird3.jpg (103.1 KB, 404 views)

1985 Kawasaki Gpz 750 turbo
1983 Kawasaki Gpz 750
2007 Hi-bird QH250-gy
2008 Suzuki RMz250

Last edited by nevernuf; 05-11-2018 at 11:40 PM. Reason: pic addition

Old 05-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #2

Man, I would love to get my hands on your bike! I think the border guards would have fits about it, since it was never imported into Canada. Good luck; I'm sure it will sell quickly.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-13-2018, 06:35 PM   #3

Thanks Weld.. Honest to God, I was going to ask you if you wanted it but yeah, the importing part is crazy...
I've put it on offerup, but a lot of people keep offering 300 off the bat, because it's chinese..... So i mentioned in the ad if they want japanese quality, they should go pay japanese prices... And I still think this is a good bike...
Like I said, maybe someone here (who knows what they're getting and what they might need to watch for) would appreciate it.. If anyone is close and is looking.
Anyway, thanks for everything you and this site have done for me!

1983 Kawasaki Gpz 750
2007 Hi-bird QH250-gy
2008 Suzuki RMz250

Old 05-13-2018, 06:49 PM   #4

In FastDoc's words, I'm happy to serve.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-16-2018, 02:21 PM   #5

Nevernuf, is this still available? I have a friend in Washington State who may be interested.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 05-18-2018, 11:21 AM   #6

Hello yes, it is still available.
I posted on an app, but most people just ask if it runs and if I'll take $300 for it without even looking at it.. I do need to clean the carb, because i think it's clogged. I ran it some last weekend, and it ran fine until it had to idle. It was dying out on idle.... So.. clogged jet.
Last time I rode it, it ran great. Idled great, good power... Thinking back I really hate to sell, but as I said, i have too many other things and I'd love if someone got use out of it. I'm not to inclined to sell it like this because I don't want to screw anyone over, but if they are pretty good mechanically, or understand the carb needs cleaned, i'm ok. Otherwise, i'll clean the carb and let it go then. It also may need a battery, as the battery does hold a charge and starts it fine, but is getting on in age..

1983 Kawasaki Gpz 750
2007 Hi-bird QH250-gy
2008 Suzuki RMz250

Old 05-19-2018, 05:35 AM   #7

Thanks. I sent him the link to the thread. I completely understand about the various bits and pieces getting on in age. At the price you're asking I don't think its realistic for someone to expect a perfectly new and 100% machine. You've been perfectly forthcoming about what it is, so there's certainly no surprises there. I know that tackling a carb cleaning is certainly right up his alley, so if he decides to pick it up, there shouldn't be any issues there. I forgot to ask, did you get it titled and tagged in Washington state? Thanks again for all the help and info.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 05-19-2018, 12:59 PM   #8

Hello. Yes it's titled, registered and has tags in WA state.. I even had it registered for ORV use, but that's expired now...

1983 Kawasaki Gpz 750
2007 Hi-bird QH250-gy
2008 Suzuki RMz250

Old 05-28-2018, 02:36 PM   #9

To keep or not to keep...

Ok everyone, I'm gonna change my mind...
I know it hasn't been even three weeks, but since I posted this on offerup I pretty much got all $300 offers, before anyone even looked at it. I understand haggling, and that it's Chinese so not worth as much as a Japanese bike, but it's a licensed dual sport, not even broken in yet..
So, the heck with it. At that price, I'm gonna keep it. I LIKE this bike, and i LOVE reading about all the mods everyone here does. I don't NEED to sell it, so sorry, but think I'm gonna keep it for now...
Which means, as its all stock, I'm going ask what upgrades everyone considers "must-do".. I'll start a thread on the dual sport section. I know it's probably all been said before, so sorry...
Thanks for the interest, and hope you don't hold this against me...

1983 Kawasaki Gpz 750
2007 Hi-bird QH250-gy
2008 Suzuki RMz250

Old 05-28-2018, 02:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevernuf View Post
Ok everyone, I'm gonna change my mind...
I know it hasn't been even three weeks, but since I posted this on offerup I pretty much got all $300 offers, before anyone even looked at it. I understand haggling, and that it's Chinese so not worth as much as a Japanese bike, but it's a licensed dual sport, not even broken in yet..
So, the heck with it. At that price, I'm gonna keep it. I LIKE this bike, and i LOVE reading about all the mods everyone here does. I don't NEED to sell it, so sorry, but think I'm gonna keep it for now...
Which means, as its all stock, I'm going ask what upgrades everyone considers "must-do".. I'll start a thread on the dual sport section. I know it's probably all been said before, so sorry...
Thanks for the interest, and hope you don't hold this against me...
Personally I think it's worth the $600 you are asking if not more.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-29-2018, 11:29 AM   #11

Me too.

I'm glad you're choosing to keep it. Looking forward to following your new thread.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:09 PM   #12

me three. if you were closer, I would have given you 600 and given it to my son to ride. I'd suggest just getting a new carb rather than screwing with the old one. at 37 bucks, seems easier to start fresh than troubleshoot an old one.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:36 PM   #13

No worries at all. Sorry my buddy didn't make it through to pick it up. He seemed really interested when I told him about it on the phone, but alas, such is the way these things go. Looking forward to reading about your adventures with it.

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 05-29-2018, 11:10 PM   #14

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the (continued) support!

1983 Kawasaki Gpz 750
2007 Hi-bird QH250-gy
2008 Suzuki RMz250

Old 05-31-2018, 10:00 AM   #15

Man, bummer you're not closer. Going up to WA to get it and back would end up costing more than a new one. Great deal though