Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2022, 07:41 PM   #46

Locally, they couldn't keep the MT-03s and Z400s in stock. I was trying to buy a MT-03 but the sales staff blew me off for people buying the bigger bikes. They were selling for about msrp+ $1500 otd.

Old 08-02-2022, 04:21 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
Right. I think the motor in the SG400 is great, but the styling sells the bike....

I wish they had spent their efforts getting the Norton-powered 650 adventure bike from Zongshen instead of the Hayalon. They had trouble selling naked ADV bikes, naked sport bikes, and now a naked street fighter. People don't want them when better performance is to be had for very little more money. The TT250 and SG250 sell because they're cheap. The SG400 sells because there's nothing else quite like it on the market, and probably won't be from the Japanese makers. It fills a niche that's currently not filled by anything else. The Hayalon tries to compete in a market that's already saturated with better bikes.
Bingo. It's the reason I bought an SG400 instead of the Haylon. Already too many small displacement nakeds around for roughly the same price. Even with the same awesome TC380 engine as the SG400, I would not be willing to pay more than $3500 for it; it's simply too bland. Especially with CFMotos new bikes inbound, which for a little more money, have way more power, name brand componentry (Brembo, J.Juan, KYB, etc), and more features (cruise control, heated grips and seats; TFT dashes with Bluetooth and Navigation).

However, given the fact that the engine EPA and CARB certification was already paid for, bringing in the Haylon was basically a give me; worst case scenario, CSC has to blow them out at cost, which shouldn't be too hard. Not ideal, but not the end of the world either.

Bringing in the RX6 or RX8 on the other hand, is going to entail running the emissions certification gauntlet again, with the added hurdle of CFMoto's new bikes - especially the CL700X's and the KTM 790 based Adventura 800. Those things are absolutely loaded, and their pricing is killer. It will be really hard for CSC to compete with them, IMO. As it stands now, based on what I've seen and read, I'm planning on picking up an Adventura 800 when they become available, which is most likely next year. That should be interesting, to say the least.