Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2021, 01:02 AM   #16

Shipped 10/27, made it to nc in 22 days. We will see if the truck portion goes fast, or if it will end up being a whole month

Old 11-19-2021, 11:09 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
I checked tonight and it’s FINALLY in Charlotte, NC. Let means I should be expecting a call soon!

Charles.
Yep, that will be the call to explain the driver shortage to you again, and that it will be another month or so before they can get a driver and chassis to the rail yard to pick up the container that it's in, lol.

I have to say Charles, you really are a magnet for misfortune. Whatever it is - if it can go south, and you're involved - it will. You must have done something really awful in another life, so now the powers that be are punishing you.

Old 11-19-2021, 11:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Shipped 10/27, made it to nc in 22 days. We will see if the truck portion goes fast, or if it will end up being a whole month
When I ordered my RX3 from CSC back in 2015, it was at the start of December, the bike shipped out on the 10th and was delivered on Christmas Eve. What a difference six years and a viral pandemic can make.

Old 11-19-2021, 12:01 PM   #19

OK, this isn't going to help you get your bike, but know you are not alone.

I ordered my bike, it shipped the next day. In 1 day it was within about 20 miles of my home... 1 week later it got delivered to my door.

Not a wait like yours, but just as frustrating knowing it was so close yet not in my garage.

Old 11-19-2021, 01:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working_ZS View Post
Yep, that will be the call to explain the driver shortage to you again, and that it will be another month or so before they can get a driver and chassis to the rail yard to pick up the container that it's in, lol.

I have to say Charles, you really are a magnet for misfortune. Whatever it is - if it can go south, and you're involved - it will. You must have done something really awful in another life, so now the powers that be are punishing you.
Hah, must be.

But I will say, I've had zero problems with my Benelli Leoncino Trail. 7000 miles on the clock now and it's still my favorite all-around motorcycle, on-road and off.

Charles.

Old 11-19-2021, 05:31 PM   #21

Quote:
Hah, must be.

But I will say, I've had zero problems with my Benelli Leoncino Trail. 7000 miles on the clock now and it's still my favorite all-around motorcycle, on-road and off.

Charles.
Ah yes, the joys of owning more than one motorcycle. Being able to pull out another bike and go ride when one or more of them are down is pretty much priceless. At least it makes it a little more palatable when that yearly $1300 insurance bill arrives in December.

I've hit 5000 miles on the RX4, so it needs to have the valves checked, which has caused me to limit riding it until I get that done. Also, I need to pop open the RX3's valve cover for a look, install a new Polaris series type voltage regulator/rectifier, plus swap out the front wheel and tire with the new wheel that I bought from CSC for $25. So it is/has been sitting, too. The Gold Wing and Versys 650 are buried in the garage at the moment, and I do not feel like digging them out; while the TT250 is still in pieces for a digital dash, upgraded wheels, Polaris regulator like the RX3, heated grips and a few other doodads.

This has left me with the SG400, which I last used for a bank deposit run Wednesday. The more that I ride it, the more that TC380 engine impresses me. The TEC shocks have also made a world of difference when throwing it into curves, especially when the pavement is not smooth. No wallowing, and those wheels stay in contact with the asphalt , no matter what. Way more reassuring than it was. Wind protection is lacking for this time of the year, but that is totally expected for a naked cafe style bike and not something that I can complain about legitimately. It will be better when I get the heated grips and hand guards mounted, although I still don't foresee much winter riding on it - that is what the RX3 and Rx4 are for.

Old 11-19-2021, 09:50 PM   #22

$1300 insurance bill? Where do you live??!? I pay between $50 and $150 a bike. A year.

Charles

Old 11-20-2021, 02:29 AM   #23

Quote:
$1300 insurance bill? Where do you live??!? I pay between $50 and $150 a bike. A year.

Charles
For what type of coverage.. sounds like liability only

Old 11-20-2021, 11:51 AM   #24

So I wasn’t completely accurate. Here are the actual numbers. Full coverage on my Yamaha scr950 was $123.56. My rx3 has liability only, and costs me $14.43. My 2017 Buccaneer has full coverage and costs me $30.83. Benelli is $111.76 for full coverage. That’s $279 a half. Times two is 558 a year. But I get a discount because my homeowners insurance is through the same company.

Old 11-20-2021, 12:00 PM   #25

Quote:

Charles
The $1300 is for full coverage, with $500,000 At Fault Liability and $500,000 Uninsured / Under Insured Liability coverage. I'll never cause that much damage with one of my motorcycles, short of strapping a bomb to myself and launching me and the bike off a ramp into an oil tanker, but you can't purchase Uninsured / Under Insured coverage with limits higher than your at fault personal liability limit, so I'm stuck paying for the high coverage on the former to get the same coverage limit on the latter.

As to the reason for those coverage amounts, both my brother and a close friend have been involved in serious car accidents where the other driver did not have anywhere near high enough policy limits to cover their medical bills, much less cover any ongoing pain and suffering, of which there has been plenty. Both are still dealing with the after effects of those accidents, nine and three years later, respectively.

I should also mention that $650 of that is for the damn Versys 650, which I hardly ever ride. Apparently, riding a motorcycle from a mainstream manufacturer necessitates paying a premium for the privilege; I really need to sell that damn thing, it is nowhere near as good as the reviews claimed, and all it is doing at this point is costing me money for no return. I get far more enjoyment out of my Chinese bikes, and at a fraction of the cost of the Japanese stuff.

Old 11-20-2021, 12:08 PM   #26

Quote:
So I wasn’t completely accurate. Here are the actual numbers. Full coverage on my Yamaha scr950 was $123.56. My rx3 has liability only, and costs me $14.43. My 2017 Buccaneer has full coverage and costs me $30.83. Benelli is $111.76 for full coverage. That’s $279 a half. Times two is 558 a year. But I get a discount because my homeowners insurance is through the same company.
Another benefit of "official Chinese bikes" is the low insurance premiums - note how the officially Italian, but really "secret Chinese bike" - your Benelli - has the same high premiums as your Yamaha, while your RX3 and Buccaneer cost a pittance to insure.

Yet another reason to avoid over priced European and Japanese motorcycles: avoiding overpriced insurance premiums.

Old 11-21-2021, 06:50 PM   #27

I believe it's more about how much the vehicle is worth, and thus the cost to replace it. My Buccaneer is probably a $1500 bike now, after 4 years and 12k miles.

Charles.

Old 11-22-2021, 04:03 PM   #28

Got a call today. My bike will be delivered wednesday. The day before Thanksgiving! So I'll have it for the whole long weekend.

Charles.