Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2015, 05:34 PM   #16
Banned

This is who/what I use

CHEAP, will help develop applications if he sees potential sales worth it, and the taobao MAY be him. What is USD pricing? He sells HERE for 300.00! Many Kaw Ninja 250's use this to GREAT effect (and economy.) Only thing is engine piston size, must be small enough for one of his efi tb's to feed enough a/f to develop full power.
ecotrons
http://www.ecotrons.com/products/sma...injection_kit/
Matt, I think is who I talked and worked with...This is the same turbo the 250 Yamaha kit uses, by the way. Makes my golf cart HAUL ASSS!
Kawasaki 13hp stock, carbed. Now EFI'ed.
It has the self learning ecu/o2 available, and it works as advertised in MY application.
Nice, no BS humble guy to do business with also. With him, its always been what I say/print, is what you get (or more).
Reccomended.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thillskier View Post
CHEAP, will help develop applications if he sees potential sales worth it, and the taobao MAY be him. What is USD pricing? He sells HERE for 300.00! Many Kaw Ninja 250's use this to GREAT effect (and economy.) Only thing is engine piston size, must be small enough for one of his efi tb's to feed enough a/f to develop full power.
ecotrons
http://www.ecotrons.com/products/sma...injection_kit/
Matt, I think is who I talked and worked with...This is the same turbo the 250 Yamaha kit uses, by the way. Makes my golf cart HAUL ASSS!
Kawasaki 13hp stock, carbed. Now EFI'ed.
It has the self learning ecu/o2 available, and it works as advertised in MY application.
Nice, no BS humble guy to do business with also. With him, its always been what I say/print, is what you get (or more).
Reccomended.
Thats interesting. it's a different set up for sure but very similar in most respects. The website is pretty good. I'm talking to a company called FAI and the seller on TB also sells another injection system. The TB seller is not the manufacturer, I am currently waiting for the results of communication between the seller on TB and my guy at FAI. The price is comparable to the ecotrons system.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:29 AM   #18

Well sorry for disappearing again, been going round in circles for a while and time is getting ever shorter so I've been in the workshop mostly, well not counting the continuous onslaught of emails and messages about this and many other items I'm dealing with.

We ended up just needing to get hold of flywheels for two engines, my Zong 200 and the intended successor the Haoyue 190, I got to the point of having all my Taobao items decided upon and as it happens the seller 'friends of mount world' (I think) of the efi system also sells these engines and all the other parts I wanted including what I am pretty sure is the right parts to convert my zong to DC. The Haoyue engine is already DC. Obviously I'm not getting my efi system from this seller as I'm now talking to the manufacturer directly.

So the day (2nd Feb) I go on Taobaotrends to put the order in I see a notice telling me its Chinese new year soon and they will be on hols from something like 6th Feb to 28th Feb and any orders to be sent before then should be put in before Febuary! Oh nice two days too late then

So I put the order in and tried to get some answers to questions before they buggered off. Mainly I needed to know if the supplier of the Haoyue engine was able to supply a second flywheel, this would be shipped to FAI for them to mod whilst the engine was making its way over with the other bits. Hopefully by the time the efi and flywheel arrive I have the rest of the outfit ready to receive them.

The idea is to run the Haoyue engine and keep the Zong as a spare.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:33 AM   #19

Had loads of confusion with tbtrends on the flywheel issue and now it looks like good old Mr Yang is going to try and rescue me by talking to the engine supplier himself. This guy is a top dude, I say "thank you Mr Yang" and he says "thank 'you', you are my customer".

The saga goes on, Mr Yang is in india for a couple of days, I should ask him to pop in on the nice people at the factory that are hand crafting my kids race suits for this season....... oh how the money just flies out the door

Old 03-04-2015, 11:08 AM   #20

The Chinese New Year has hamstrung a few of us.

Very glad to hear about the excellent customer service you're receiving, and I'm looking forward to seeing all of the bits in action. Why a 190cc instead of 200cc?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-04-2015, 04:27 PM   #21

Yes customer service is outstanding Weld. The company I'm getting my kids leather race suits from in India seems extremely good too, here in Lazy England not many can be arsed with customer service, I try to support and spread the word whenever I come across a good company here in the UK, they are few and far between and need to be acknowledged.

I'm pretty sure I will miss the first meeting now though need a magic wand!

The haoyue engine only comes as a 170, 190 or 230cc. From what I can tell the 190 makes more power than the 200 OHC engines that are older technology. It should be more tune-able than the pushrod Zong also. It has higher comp ratio, carbon clutch etc, been built for hard MX racing and seems to have a good following. Shame there isnt a 200 though.

Last edited by Jibberwobble; 03-04-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:41 AM   #22

The 190 is OHC?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
The 190 is OHC?
Yes, maybe one of you guys with more road bike experience than me can recognize what this engine is based on?

Old 03-05-2015, 08:40 PM   #24

Suzuki 125 by any chance?

Old 03-05-2015, 09:08 PM   #25

That engine is made by 天钇 http://www.tyanmotor.com/
http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_17868484.htm

Old 03-05-2015, 11:15 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
Thank you Humanbeing. I have found different sellers on TB all selling what looks like this engine but each time I find one the branding/logo is different. The only common name that I see on many adverts is Haoyue. Haoyue-bright moon, haoyue-BSE, Haoyue-Mojo etc etc. The version I have posted a link for above is being marketed I think as a race/higher performance engine than most. They talk of carbon clutch, higher compression ration (10.2:1) etc. The performance figures quoted are better than most other engines including the link you have provided.

Do you think it possible that the engines are all built by the company you have linked above and then re-branded by sellers. Also I hope that this could be true and that this 'bright moon' engine has been upgraded by the supplier to a higher specification? I hope so anyway!

At least I should be able to see if the tyanmotor company can supply a flywheel.

Last edited by Jibberwobble; 03-05-2015 at 11:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 03-06-2015, 12:28 AM   #27

To me, it looks like a CB200 with a fancy valve cover. The clutch linkage, sight glass and dipstick location are the same.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:44 AM   #28

There's a link to a thread about this motor in the add. The thread is huge and impossible to navigate to points of interest using translation due to the use of slang etc. From what I remember though I think they are saying the bottom end is strong because it's the same as a cg/cb bottom end and proven technology. It has a little opening in the front of the cylinder to cool the exhaust valve, how quaint!

Old 03-06-2015, 08:35 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
To me, it looks like a CB200 with a fancy valve cover. The clutch linkage, sight glass and dipstick location are the same.

I was thinking the same thing.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:26 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibberwobble View Post
It has a little opening in the front of the cylinder to cool the exhaust valve, how quaint!

I hadn't spotted that; seems like a good idea.

You showed us pics of a counterbalanced version, and then a non-CB version in a bike. Which version are you getting?