Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2016, 04:33 AM   #16

Some time I will pull vocabulary just because it is the best expression to get your point across, but it will have the opposite effect on others and they will think you are being snotty.

Thanks seer for being a good sport!
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-31-2016, 08:33 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Some time I will pull vocabulary just because it is the best expression to get your point across, but it will have the opposite effect on others and they will think you are being snotty.

ditto Seer ! Thanx for your good humor.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-31-2016, 05:19 PM   #18

Doh!

worst part is i spelled it wrong trying to type too fast with one hand :(
its actually "stoichiometrically".
and no, not from an app, when i was young I was considered a bright guy, my scholastic field was something now called plasma physics, but since i was so young back then they ran out of sciences to teach me in junior high so i became both a junior high student for regular classes, and a high school student for the sciences until they ran out and i became a high school student for 'regular' stuff in the mornings, and went down to the local private college in the afternoons for the science stuff. When I got to UCLA, it was a real mess. Let me tell you its no fun being the youngest guy everywhere you go, especially when surrounded by to die for young women all focused on pursuing their MRS degree with the older guys :(
Add to that the faculty's insistence that I take chem for chem majors, math for math majors, physics for physics majors, electromechanical engineering, what they now call computer sciences (you talk about primitive! punch card programming in fortran and cobol- data on those giant reels of tape:(} all in addition to the more normal honos freshman load- all while singing both scholastically and professionally. lol I think i was carrying something like 24 or 26 units that first year. lasted right up till i got drafted:( That was a hell of a year! as we called it on the sciences floor of our dorm- "The Year Of Our ITO!" named after our fraternity leader, a senior heading into the Boalt hall lawschool and whom most of you have heard of

'hint' he later became the judge in the OJ simpson Murder trial.

anyway, all water under the bridge and long ago. after my initial service, I did my best to forget as much of the technical aspects of this universe as was possible but some how 'stochiametrically' managed to persist. Thinking back, it might be, er well, you see there was this girl ........

anyway, now you know more than you ever wanted, my apologies (
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 05-31-2016, 06:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
Thinking back, it might be, er well, you see there was this girl ........

anyway, now you know more than you ever wanted, my apologies (
Now wait a minute ... no apologies were needed until you got to the girl issue. You tell us all the other and then stop dead in your tracks on that! .... Now I'm pondering if I should accept the apology or not
You're a good'un Seer ... ride safe

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-31-2016, 06:43 PM   #20

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Now wait a minute ... no apologies were needed until you got to the girl issue. You tell us all the other and then stop dead in your tracks on that! .... Now I'm pondering if I should accept the apology or not
You're a good'un Seer ... ride safe
she was in my organic chem class, sat right in front of me on those tall lab type stools, a fond memory etched
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 05-31-2016, 10:01 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeratlas View Post
she was in my organic chem class, sat right in front of me on those tall lab type stools, a fond memory etched
appropriate they call it biological organic chemistry. Ha,

enjoyed the read.

Ok, thread hijack over
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-17-2016, 09:19 PM   #22

Wow, I can't believe people don't know what a "Stichiometrically correct ratio" is. This was the gee whiz phrase in my set in the early 1950's. In fact, the use of that phrase got me the opportunity to wrench on a 220 Offenhauser sprint car engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post