Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2016, 09:20 AM   #1

CSC Motorcycles

I know we've discussed what might be in the pipeline at CSC for future models and several are hoping for a larger cc RX model but I'm thinking Steve & Company might cover one more base before the next generation RX. Possibly a Zongshen cruiser using the tried and true 250 engine to meet the needs of those customers looking for a high quality, value priced street bike. The Zongshen V-Storm, I think, was/is a very good looking bike. A dedicated street bike added to their adventure, sport and dual sport line-up kinda makes sense to me and I'm curious what the rest of you are thinking? Whatever it might be I'm satisfied it will be quality and well backed & serviced!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V Storm 250 Right Profile.jpg (96.9 KB, 200 views)

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-30-2016, 11:10 AM   #2

I agree the chinamotos need an enduro thats at least a 300cc or 500cc model and at some point 650 or 1200. And I also agree on the cruiser style in 500, 650, 800, 1200 sizes; that would be great. I think the china market just makes these smaller bikes, because that is their market, and for them to get in the american market of bigger bikes, they are going to have to update, upgrade, and build better bikes. With better components and quality control. They'll have to compete otherwise suffer the same fate as the YUGO.

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

"If everyone is thinking the same thing, no one is thinking." Gen. Patton.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
Current mods: LED headlight & tail light, LED fog light, JT 428-130 chain, 47t rear sprocket, 4-fuse box, oil-cooler, CSC TT205 hand controls, 32" handlebars, aftermarket 295mm rear shock, digital speedo & tach, USB/12 volt accessory; painted flat-black.
-2005 Skyteam ST90 (sitting in pieces)
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD

Old 05-30-2016, 12:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
curious what the rest of you are thinking
Actual scooters similar to the Lance 169cc models (which cannot be ordered online).

Old 05-30-2016, 06:36 PM   #4

They are in serious need of an ATV with the typical excellent CSC treatment.

/

Old 05-30-2016, 09:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
They are in serious need of an ATV with the typical excellent CSC treatment.

/
I damn near bought a CF Moto last year ... but ran across a mechanics special Polaris 700 twin and snagged it ... CF Motos are pretty good looking machines and you get a lot for your dollar.

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-31-2016, 03:09 PM   #6

So far, the Chinese haven't been successful building a reliable larger displacement motor. I'm not saying they CAN'T....but to date, they haven't had much success there.

From what I remember is that for a very long time, their government wouldn't let them build anything larger than a 200. Culcune has much more (and more accurate) history on this than I. Hopefully he'll chime in.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-31-2016, 06:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
So far, the Chinese haven't been successful building a reliable larger displacement motor. I'm not saying they CAN'T....but to date, they haven't had much success there.

From what I remember is that for a very long time, their government wouldn't let them build anything larger than a 200. Culcune has much more (and more accurate) history on this than I. Hopefully he'll chime in.
I just can't help but think that with each passing day CSC/Zongshen's shadow creeps out a little further. Had Honda brought the Honda XRE 300 to the north american market maybe CSC's entry would have been more limited. I for one am very thankful Honda and the others missed their chance because I'v got a sweet CSC/Zong sitting in my garage and I'm a happy camper.

― Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-01-2016, 03:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post

on several of the retail sites, there are a variety of buggies for sale with 800 to 1100 cc motors. I'm guessing they are bringing in japanese components???

Old 06-01-2016, 04:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
on several of the retail sites, there are a variety of buggies for sale with 800 to 1100 cc motors. I'm guessing they are bringing in japanese components???
In my travels around the web I came across a 400CC:

http://www.onmywaymotor.com/mwm41-wh...torcycles.html

And I think I saw a couple of others on that site too or maybe Alibaba. So they're out there, but apparently not imported to the USA at this time.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-01-2016, 06:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
In my travels around the web I came across a 400CC:

http://www.onmywaymotor.com/mwm41-wh...torcycles.html

And I think I saw a couple of others on that site too or maybe Alibaba. So they're out there, but apparently not imported to the USA at this time.
Good find
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~