Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2024, 05:51 AM   #1

rear brake question on xpro storm 125

i want to delete the foot brake and move it to the left hand brake that is currently the "parking brake" lever that accuates the rear disc. im confused as the parking brake is attached by cable but it must utilize the fluid to press the pads together. i gently activated the parking brake to see if i could modulate the braking force and it seems i can. will this work? and if i do that i would need to disconnect the "start safety switch" on top the master cylinder. do i just twist those lead wires together to disable? thanks.

Old 03-29-2024, 05:59 AM   #2

the current parking brake lever is a backwards flip type that i would replace with a standard lever.

Old 04-11-2024, 08:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by triprop
i gently activated the parking brake to see if i could modulate the braking force and it seems i can. will this work?

Yes, my granddaughter's TaoTao 110 uses the left hand brake as the rear brake, there is no foot pedal. You should be able to disconnect the cable and remove the foot pedal and be fine.

I can't answer your question regarding disabling the safety start switch, I tossed the butchered wiring harness and replaced it with an e-start harness and electricals for a dirtbike