Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2015, 06:36 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBad250 View Post
Does your bike have the EGR doodad? Since my bike has dual exhaust, I had 2 of them but they weren't hooked up to anything! The tubes from the egr units were just tucked up under my gas tank, there's also a connector near my seat that isn't hooked up to anything.. Still trying to figure out what it could possibly be! I definitely recommend taking off all the plastics and making sure EVERYTHING is hooked up!

And I also have the carbs running wide open, no airbox hooked up.. I've noticed a decrease in performance. And by "decrease" I mean at WOT it tops out at 7K rpms and it just feels really laggy. I'm assuming it's because it is now getting too much air and not enough fuel? I figured the jets were designed to be used with the restriction of the air box. Can anyone verify this for me?
Interesting. Was your EGR bolted up on your exhaust pipe, close to where it bolts up to the engine? That's where mine is and there's definitely a tube/hose attached to it. I'll be taking off the plastics soon to check on stuff, I'll let you know where the other end goes on mine.

Also, my bike has no air box. I do have a small filter attached to the end of my carb. Was yours different? Pics?