Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2021, 04:47 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
Nothing against milk crates though....

In Greece, just about 99.999% of old geezers living in villages have a milk crate strapped to the back of their 30-yo underbone motorcycle (Yamaha Town Mate, Honda Cub, GLX etc.) which of course they ride with no license whatsoever
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Papi1.jpg (184.5 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg Papi2.jpg (181.1 KB, 385 views)

Last edited by ChillRider; 06-02-2021 at 09:35 AM.

Old 06-02-2021, 07:06 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by krat View Post
I have a set of those, they are flimsy and don't hold their shape. Also difficult to close securely when loaded.
All soft bags are sh*te AFAIC.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:37 AM   #18

Quote:
I have a set of those, they are flimsy and don't hold their shape. Also difficult to close securely when loaded.

You guys act like your computers don't access E-bay or Amazon? They have leather saddle bags all day for $50. No rack needed. Also top cases of 30-70 liters.

I bought a set of soft luggage with a soft top case used at the local cycle shop (yes you are allowed to go in as long as you don't tell them you ride a China bike) for less than $50. Also got a nice tank bag for $10.

Or you can always zip tie the old milk crate on the rack and bungie a surplus duffle bag on the pillion. It works!

And don't try to say you would be embarrassed, you're riding a China-bike!
Embarrassed? I think not !! I ride my Chinese motorcycle around with pride. I even dress like Chairman Mao, and have a big red star on my helmet. In fact , I am so proud that about a week ago I pulled right up in the center of a rough looking motorcycle gang, and asked "Pardon me ,Have you any Grey Poupon?", and I tell you what, As soon as I get out of the hospital I'm gonna go to the super market, and buy the biggest jar of Grey Poupon that I can get, and I ain't sharing with nobody.

Old 06-02-2021, 02:06 PM   #19

I found this while searching:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WV7TW42...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Has anyone bought and installed this set? I'm wondering if they'd work on my TT250.
2021 CSC TT250 - White (Daughter's) "Gemini"

Old 06-02-2021, 03:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunnicutt View Post
I found this while searching:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WV7TW42...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Has anyone bought and installed this set? I'm wondering if they'd work on my TT250.
It even comes with a Beer-holder! For around $35, those are nice looking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210602_130943.jpg (28.1 KB, 144 views)

Old 06-02-2021, 03:16 PM   #21

In Australia they took the improvised luggage to the extreme and made it standard government issue.

https://theoldbloke.homestead.com/postie-bikes.html

Old 06-02-2021, 05:58 PM   #22

Quote:
In Australia they took the improvised luggage to the extreme and made it standard government issue.

https://theoldbloke.homestead.com/postie-bikes.html

Yes the Postie CT110... I Hope to find a project worthy example eventually after I get the XL229 on the road.

Not so much a fan of the newer current issue NBC110 but even those might be getting replaced by Auspost with E-trikes...

Some of you might enjoy this YT Channel.

Old 06-02-2021, 06:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillRider View Post
In Greece, just about 99.999% of old geezers living in villages have a milk crate strapped to the back of their 30-yo underbone motorcycle (Yamaha Town Mate, Honda Cub, GLX etc.) which of course they ride with no license whatsoever
What a weapon, Australian standard milk crate are cubes, I kinda wish we had the wider style like they have in Europe.

Thinking with 2 crates you could turn 1 upside down cut out an saddle and wheel arch for side racks then mount the other crate on top.

Having 2 crates also gives you a table and chair at camp...

Anyway a drink holder on saddle bags is a worthy addition.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:49 PM   #24

Soft bag & Luggage Rack

I have the same interest to use a softbag with a luggage rack. I like soft bags but had one melt on the exhaust.

I looked all over and could not find a rack system to buy. I was planning to build my own and was trying to find a design that looked good.

I stumbled across these photos and although it is a commercial part it seems to not be available in the US. The design is simple enough and I will be bending some conduit this weekend to make them.

I am using these join the parts together.

https://makerpipe.com/collections/mo...ts/t-connector

I hope the photos help someone else and I will post my output when it is done.

Old 06-02-2021, 10:27 PM   #25

There are some on Amazon that look close to fitting but to try it cost is $150.00 plus $25.00 shipping. I contacted a welder to see what it would cost to build just the rectangle section and got a quote for $110.00, with material $12.00 worth of pipe. If I had a welder and a pipe bender might be worth a try, but when you factor in the cost of the welder and finding the time to do the work. The cheapest material is electrical conduit but is galvanized so welding is nasty as the gas is poisonous. This guy did a great job for the money with conduit.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...509#post330509