Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2023, 02:27 PM   #1

The snow finally melted off our road so I got to test out the variator sliders I put in last season. They are those weird shaped things that weigh 13 grams. Acceleration is improved over the stock rollers but it's not moving to a high enough gear ratio for speeds over 50 mph. RPM at 50 mph is close to 9000 assuming the tach is accurate. I have sets of both 14 and 16 gram round rollers on order so I'll see how those work in a week or two. BTW the stock rollers are round and weigh about 12.5 grams

Old 05-03-2022, 09:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
Took the scooter up to 55 mph indicated today which it does without effort. Cruising at 55 for a long distance would be no problem. Will give it a few more miles before checking the top speed. It feels very light and nimble but the handlebars hit my knees in slow sharp turns (34" inseam + boots.). The CVT is going to take some getting used to but at least I haven't grabbed a handful of clutch and left a skid mark on the pavement. The mirrors are barely wide enough to see the cop car behind me. Front suspension is pretty good but the rear of course has a lot of unsprung weight.
Wow you took her that high already ? My wife’s is about 5/6 miles off on the indicated mph. Highest she has gone on indicated is around 50. For just a few secs. I agree the scoot is small imo. Well I ride a burgman and the clash is a baby in comparison. I feel oversized at 5’10 200 when I’m on her clash.

Old 06-28-2022, 01:38 AM   #3

Just clicked over 200 miles and 2 1/2 tanks of gas. Seems to be running better as it breaks in. I'm using full throttle now on short bursts and I've had it up to about 62mph on straight and level road. I replaced the china Gates shredder belt with a Kevlar Bando and 14 gram Dr pulley slider weights lubed with powdered graphite. I really like this scooter. It's smooth, quiet, nimble, and has enough power for around town. Very easy to park and easy on the wallet at fill up time with premium $6.57 here at Exxon! But the guy filling his truck with a V8 was jealous in a joking way!

Old 07-04-2022, 07:43 AM   #4

I needed a USB charging port for my phone so I installed one of these under the front cover. https://www.ebay.com/itm/19421422120...mis&media=COPY

For some reason I couldn't find a good ground or a switched positive up there so I had to run both a positive and negative lead directly to the battery by fishing them through the plastic body using a piece of wire. I mounted one of the USB female sockets above the left hand pocket in front of the riders knee where there is a rectangular rubber plug. Also added a weather proof toggle switch next to the plug and a 5 amp fuse next to the battery.

Old 07-06-2022, 09:14 AM   #5

I've emailed Vitacci and Taizhou Qianxin to ask for the pas code to calibrate the speedometer. I'll post it if they respond.

BTW the 100 ohm resistor that I put in series with the cylinder head thermistor seems to be working, check engine light hasn't come on since it was installed. It's been cool here so we'll see how it works once the weather warms up.

Old 07-07-2022, 12:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
I needed a USB charging port for my phone so I installed one of these under the front cover. https://www.ebay.com/itm/19421422120...mis&media=COPY

For some reason I couldn't find a good ground or a switched positive up there so I had to run both a positive and negative lead directly to the battery by fishing them through the plastic body using a piece of wire. I mounted one of the USB female sockets above the left hand pocket in front of the riders knee where there is a rectangular rubber plug. Also added a weather proof toggle switch next to the plug and a 5 amp fuse next to the battery.
Would you be able to post pictures of the finish product on the USB please.

Old 07-07-2022, 09:59 PM   #7

Difficult to post pics on this forum with the size restrictions. Not much to see anyway, just USB port where the rubber plug used to be and a toggle switch just below it.

Rode about 75 miles today on mountain roads and the check engine light didn't come on, so the 100 ohm resistor may have done the trick.

Old 07-08-2022, 08:29 AM   #8

Old 07-24-2022, 03:32 AM   #9

I installed a 150 ohm resister in series with the thermister and no check engine light in 85-90 degree weather. I have 300 miles on it now and ready for the first oil change. I really like this scooter. I wish the manufacturer was more involved in helping owners get technical info and parts. That's my only major complaint. Do you think the speedo calibration procedure would be in the Honda Click 150 service manual?

Old 07-24-2022, 06:40 AM   #10

The lack of technical info is par for the course for Chinese bikes. No idea if the Click service manual would have the speedo calibration info, likely it's different anyway. Good to hear the 150 ohm resistor works too.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:47 PM   #11

It's almost impossible to find any K block GY6 or GY7 (whatever it is) parts. I suppose the main wear items will be in the top end and I have seen those at a few places online. A standard GY6 61mm big bore cylinder/head bolt spacing is different and the cam tower and cam also diff. This Lifan LF 161 qmk that they stuck in there appears to be a dinosaur from the start. The variator is weird 17mm id but, the clutch and cvt belt is standard.

Old 07-26-2022, 08:29 AM   #12

I took a nice pre dawn ride this morning and it does feel like it's starting to gain a little bit of zip as it wears in. The stock rollers seem fine to me but I have no experience with the Dr Pulley sliders or changing roller weight. Being able to slide back on the seat now with the pad has made it more comfortable and the throttle elbow hitting my knee in a turn is less of a concern.

Old 07-26-2022, 06:52 PM   #13

What octane are you running in your Clash? I've been using 91 and fires right up. I don't think it has extraordinarily high compression so maybe 89 will work. Either way it's great to fill it up for $5 or 6 and be full tank!

Old 08-15-2022, 10:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedInfo200 View Post
What octane are you running in your Clash? I've been using 91 and fires right up. I don't think it has extraordinarily high compression so maybe 89 will work. Either way it's great to fill it up for $5 or 6 and be full tank!
I'm just buying Non-ethanol 91-93 and also adding Lucas fuel inj cleaner. I have a gallon of it anyway already. Only about 6-8 dollars a week running around town. Wanted to buy a used scooter but saw how much the wanted for them. New is better in this environment. Seeing more on the road now. Just hope they don't start legislating more rules and regulations than they have already.

Old 07-26-2022, 09:36 PM   #15

My knees hit the wind guard unless I move back to about the middle of the seat. Then I slide forward a little after each stop. Oh Well!