Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2014, 11:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
My 150cc CVT ATV carried me and Son of Weldangrind, while towing a jr. dragster with a driver in it, about 1/2 mile. We did that several times over a weekend. The little quad never complained.
Weld, is your quad a GY-6 engine? I never realized that most (I believe all)of the small displacement ATV's from TaoTao are GY-6 based engines, and I am quite sure all the competitors similar quads (Coolster, etc) are GY-6. I think that is why they run so well (at least the engines--everything else falls apart--just kidding).

I just figured out the wiring for a Baodiao 50cc scooter that I ordered from Excalibur that will be raffled off for a local Yuma girl's home for abused girls, and will have it started and running by Saturday. The fit and finish is better than I thought it would be being the lowest-priced scooter, so once I throw some gas in it, get it running for a few minutes, drain the vegetable oil that comes in the bike (someone mentioned that it is thick, so it is actually advisable to run the engine for a couple of minutes to heat it up so it drains easier), fill with its run-in oil, I will ride around the block a few times.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard