Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2019, 08:18 PM   #1

Arizona Dreaming!

Once the Wickenburg ride is completed, I suggest bits of this trail I inadvertently stumbled across! https://arizonapeacetrail.org/

The Arizona Peace Trail is a total of 750 miles in a loop of three or 4 western Arizona counties. The trails have always been here, but groups of people have mapped them, and are working on signing them to keep people going in the right direction(s). Not to mention, they are mapped to show successful loop(s) trails, for continuous movement. Again, they have always been here, but by making it 'official' takes out the guesswork in navigating in the absolute middle of nowhere, Arizona.

I came across the site mapping out off-road/on road routes for our potential next ride following Wickenburg. A couple of the routes I was (eventually, it is difficult to convince Google Maps those dirt roads are what I DO want to take) mapping out are some of the trails on the Arizona Peace Trail. Including one just north of Yuma. It appears that one should be street plated as some bits are on-highway, including getting out of Yuma. The unofficial 'start' seems to be an obscure trail head off a street in Quartzite, but obviously, there is no true start. I have read a few reviews, including a group of guys on dual-sports, and if you push it, the entire trail can be covered in 5 or 6 days.

I would like to be the first Chinarider to do this trip on one of the several dual-sports we discuss here. I wonder if I can get sponsorship in the form of a whole bike to use, lol.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-10-2019, 01:57 AM   #2

You might be able to talk to Gary at PitsterPro/GPX moto, they might be up his alley.

Old 10-10-2019, 05:34 AM   #3

A quad would be much better than a bike. I've ridden parts of it on my Rhino. Alamo Lake, Bouse, Planet, Quartzsite area. Heading down for the winter in a few weeks.