Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Complete Machines
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2019, 08:55 PM   #1

RX3 for sale 2015

I have an RX4 on its way, and I'm hitting the road for a minimum of a year likely 16mo. on an RTW, so I'm liquidating a number of things including my beloved RX3... If anyone is interested here's a link, if you know anyone feel free to pass it on... This is a great forum thanks for sharing.

https://santafe.craigslist.org/mcy/d...957682504.html

Old 09-10-2019, 07:03 AM   #2

Did you check out the inner bags for the tourfella side cases?

Old 09-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #3

ive seen them, and they look nice... its likely ill still stay with soft for the rtw... my experiance is if you wreck with hard cases they can cause alot of damage to the bike... im still un-decided... do you sell them?... thanks for all the accessories ive bought from you.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:15 PM   #4

FYI, your craigslist ad has apparently been "flagged for removal", so nobody can see any info on your RX3.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselrider View Post
I have an RX4 on its way, and I'm hitting the road for a minimum of a year likely 16mo. on an RTW, so I'm liquidating a number of things including my beloved RX3... If anyone is interested here's a link, if you know anyone feel free to pass it on... This is a great forum thanks for sharing.

https://santafe.craigslist.org/mcy/d...957682504.html
Why was your Craigslist ad tagged for removal?
And you’re correct about the dangers of hard metal bags on motorcycles.
I have a friend who crashed his motorcycle, with a passenger on the back, on an off road trail. His ankle was caught between the steel luggage bag and a hard rock, which shattered his ankle. It took months to heal up, and he never regained full, pain-free movement. So be careful on your journey.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:30 PM   #6

As of 8:30 Phoenix time this post is still flagged for removal. Is the bike still available?

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-02-2019, 09:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
Why was your Craigslist ad tagged for removal?
And you’re correct about the dangers of hard metal bags on motorcycles.
I have a friend who crashed his motorcycle, with a passenger on the back, on an off road trail. His ankle was caught between the steel luggage bag and a hard rock, which shattered his ankle. It took months to heal up, and he never regained full, pain-free movement. So be careful on your journey.
totally, Ive bruised the heck out of my calves from dabbing on trails and getting caught under the boxes... no fun.
And as far as the flagging goes I'm not sure theirs nothing that I can tell thats against CL posting requirements... I've posted it several times, and it keeps getting flagged... Ive even posted it to nearby larger cities to get a larger viewer base, and it continues to get flagged regardless of where I post it... I've even contacted CL customer service, but they haven't responded.

Old 10-02-2019, 09:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
As of 8:30 Phoenix time this post is still flagged for removal. Is the bike still available?
Odd why it keeps getting flagged... I haven't received an answer from CL customer service as to why... If I knew why I'd certainly make the changes so it wouldn't.

But in answer to your question. Yes it's still available. thanks for asking.

Old 10-03-2019, 11:45 PM   #9

Link doesn't work. Price and location?

Old 10-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #10

Well I just rode it to the car wash, and cleaned it up... then the next morning it didn't want to start (first time ever) maybe something got wet, or a connection possibly came loose who knows?, I'm not going to put any effort into diagnosing it... my loss someones gain 1,500 takes it. Taos, New Mexico

Here was the original post on Craigslist. Im wondering if it was getting flagged because you have to pay for vehicle listings now... I'm not sure?

Selling my beloved bike I'm the original owner, and I've bought a new bike.

If your looking for a perfect, always garaged, babied trailer queen this is NOT the bike for you, and if your taller than 5'9-5'10 it might be to small.

This bike has been used for exactly what it was intended for, and more. It has a couple dents in the rims from Mexico, but has never bothered me, and i keep riding it. New cushioned seat cover. The crash bars have been crashed on (but they're straight-ish looking). It's developed a small oil leak seems to be coming from the front valve cover. 2 brand new updated radiators i recently installed. Back brake needs some pads. Brand new chain and sprockets only 25 miles on them. The back tire has a few miles left on it, but I have a new one ready. The MoskoMoto Reckless 80 pannier bags (which come with the bike btw) were rubbing on the exhaust one ride, and melted plastic on the pipe so it's ugly. The NM sun has faded the paint from orange to yellow. The handle grips are wore. One of the aftermarket PIAA aux light brackets broke, but the lights work fine, and are bright. I'm sure there's other things.

However it has all the goodies. It's fuel injected, 6 speed. An always hot 12v cigarette outlet (great for camping), a built in USB port (all stock not add on's). Bomber skid plate, upgraded shifter, upgraded clutch, and brake lever, Progressive (brand) rear shock, added luggage rack, LED everything. New updated radiators, fans, and overflow bottle. Brand new battery. Battery tender plug port. New High Output 300w stator, and charge regulator, Heated handle grips, plug for heated vest/gloves/or pants. DoubleTake break away mirrors. Mosko bags, tank bag, updated new style waterpump. New plug, fresh oil change. Stainless steel mesh oil filter that you just clean, and don't have to replace. Brand new fork seals, and oil.

There's some pedigree with the bike too... It was featured on the cover of Motorcycle.com Magazine along with myself taking 1st place in the RawHyde Adventures skills riding event at Overland Expo. 2017. Somewhere on my Instagram feed ( @overlandtec ) you can see the Motorcycle.com Magazine cover with the bike including a few other photos of the bike. I'm sure I'm missing stuff, but just ask... No tire kickers please I'm busy, and full asking price cash in hand for test ride. It starts, and runs perfect, but it is a machine, and I can't guarantee anything. I ride, and the mileage will reflect. Thanks guy's "Rubber Side Down" text only please its the quickest way I'll respond -Shawn 505-570-2068
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190805_185524346_HDR.jpg (93.4 KB, 1205 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190805_185846731_HDR.jpg (98.6 KB, 1101 views)

Tags
rtw, rx3