Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs

Old 02-14-2018, 12:02 AM   #31

Well I unplugged the blue and white that didn't make any difference so I'm going to try one more time going through the wiring and to make sure that everything is connected you might be right that I might not need that connector just can't figure out why won't even turn over Barlow I want to thank you for your trouble

Old 02-14-2018, 12:08 AM   #32

That would be great David 3921 I really appreciate this thank you

Old 02-14-2018, 07:18 PM   #33

Well finally today I got the push button to turn over the engine and I also have spark and I'm pretty happy about that thanks to you guys but now the key switch doesn't work right because if its turned on or off the push button still turns over the engine. What I did to get the spark was to connect the two wires from the mystery connector that go to the key switch red and black sorry to keep bothering you guys but if you have an idea of what I can do to solve that I should be in good shape

Old 02-14-2018, 09:45 PM   #34

Great progress!

Check out post #3 here;

https://atvconnection.com/forums/1-e...w-do-u-do.html

It sounds like the ATV did have a remote start and now it's bypassed.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 02-14-2018, 09:59 PM   #35

By the way, I went out and traced the wires in case someone needs the info. Again, this is a Taotao 125cc and the plug that we were looking at is the where the start button connects to. I made a mistake in an earlier post by saying that some of the wires went to the switch. None do. Sorry about that.

Anyway, here's what color the wires are and where they went;

Black/White to a bundle of 3 1 to the rear tether, 1 to the CDI, 1 to the remote box
Brown to the tail light (!)
Yellow splits to 2, 1 to the stator, 1 to the regulator
Yellow/Red splits to 2, 1 to the starter relay, 1 to the remote box
Yellow/Green splits to 2, 1 to the rear brake switch, 1 to the front brake switch

My new wiring came in the mail today. I'll start a new post once I dig into that. My hope is that one of the harnesses does not have the plug for the remote and I can just swap in the new one and be able to start the ATV by the handle bar start button.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 02-16-2018, 10:12 PM   #36

David 3921, Weldangrind, and Barlow I want to really thank you guys for helping me out after looking at the post I connected the black in the red wire that goes to the key switch from the mystery connector and put it in a toggle switch and I got it running really good. The push button switch and the kill switch on the handlebar both work also the lights work the only thing that doesn't work is the key switch. I wrote it for about a half hour and it ran fine so I hope I can get by with this and thanks a lot guys

Old 02-17-2018, 06:39 AM   #37

good work getting it running

Old 02-17-2018, 01:40 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
David 3921, Weldangrind, and Barlow I want to really thank you guys for helping me out after looking at the post I connected the black in the red wire that goes to the key switch from the mystery connector and put it in a toggle switch and I got it running really good. The push button switch and the kill switch on the handlebar both work also the lights work the only thing that doesn't work is the key switch. I wrote it for about a half hour and it ran fine so I hope I can get by with this and thanks a lot guys
It sounds like you bypassed the switch. If so, maybe the key switch is bad and just needs to be replaced. Either way, good job on getting it going.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 02-18-2018, 01:06 AM   #39

Yes I did get it started thanks to you guys and I'll be putting in a new key switch just to see if that was it if it weren't for all these posts I'd still be scratching my head so many thanks

Old 02-18-2018, 01:33 PM   #40

Glad to hear you were able to take it for a victory ride! I had a bad key switch on my quad once, so I replaced it, but the quad still wouldn't even try to start. After massive troubleshooting, I eventually ended up back at the switch. I peeled the boot back and discovered that, despite the same wire colours, the pinout was different. I got out the soldering iron, corrected the wire placement and solved the problem. That was one of the most frustrating troubleshooting episodes ever.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-19-2018, 12:19 AM   #41

Thanks Weldangrind yes I learned a lot from you guys and the end result is pretty rewarding my grandson thanks you guys also he's pretty happy hope to run across you guys again

Tags
110, atv, redcat, starter circuit relay