Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2020, 10:32 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by f15sim View Post
One of the things that burns me the most is that I fell for the "sale timer" thing on the TBR7 page. It's just a stupid Javascript counter that resets every 24 hours. Those jerks have even configured nearly all their pages to prevent right-click actions or selecting any text.

In hindsight, looking all over their site, the whole place screams "skeezy used car dealer".

g.
I think that's all of them. It kinda takes a certain breed of "dealer" to choose to sell cheap, knock-off Chinese powersports anyhow. It's like trying to find a "reputable" drug dealer in certain parts of Detroit or Chicago.

I haven't seen a Chinese powersports dealer website that was any good. Some, won't even let you browse the models that they proclaim to sell. You have to call or email them only.

I think the biggest issue with Q9 right now is that they are giving dates and approximate time-frames with no clue if they are accurate or not. I wish they'd just say "We don't know".

Old 06-29-2020, 11:44 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Makes me wonder if taotao got hit hard with covid or something because all the other brands seem to be getting inventory. They usually sell as fast as they get them but I have seen Boom, Apollo,trailmaster stuff come into stock on websites. Nothing from taotao though.

I remember one of the dealers I talked to in may said taotao was out of helmets at the same time as vehicles. Probably why they are shipping them by the container full. Seems the quads and bikes should be coming too though so kinda weird.
Tao Canada got a shipment of vehicles back in May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
Well, Q9 is a distributer, same as any other dealer/seller that is "distributing" the product. lol. If they are making sound like they are special, I'm not aware of why or how they would be any different than say, TXpowersports, or wmsbrighton ...

I just checked 6 dealers and all are out of stock. Only one gave even a remotely confident answer as to when they would be seeing more; Blue Line Industries out of Florida says mid-July on their Facebook page.

I think when they start to roll in, you'll see a few dealers getting their inventory at the same-ish time, but the websites won't update to reflect this, since those units will already be sold via pre-order.

I see it as completely plausible that Q9 has no frickin' clue when their containers of bikes are going to arrive; I order a lot of crap from overseas, mostly China, and I have 7 orders that tracking information makes no sense. Some of it says it left country of origin, some say they are Stateside already, but those statuses (stati? statusi?) have been that way for weeks upon weeks.

A lot of this may be the fiasco going on with shipping literally anything out of China, plus US customs. They are probably mandating a 14 day qaurantine of all the shipping containers too, if not a full decontamination process before the goods are allowed through.
Q9 isn't acting like other dealers. They're saying they are a distributor that supplies other dealers.

As for when stuff arrives, these things aren't like stuff the general public orders where we just follow tracking info. They're on a schedule. Tao China knows exactly when they expect to ship and files with the freight company and US customs. When this happens they know pretty much to within a couple days as to when it will arrive in the US. Basically their given a schedule. US customs doesn't hold these containers for any given quarantine period. They basically scan them through because they know exactly what's in them. They just won't release them until someone pays them. All the info, the scheduling and what not can be tracked with the Bill of Lading. That's how I've been able to see when shipments are arriving. But finding the BOL is a pain because I don't want to pay for a service. There are services out there where you pay to access this info through US Customs.

Here's an example... Use this BOL to to see what comes up. : NB0BF3901800

http://ecomm.one-line.com/ecom/CUP_H...&sessLocale=en

This is the helmets going to BCS.

Date
2020-06-22
Shipper Name
Zhejiang Taotao Vehicles Co Ltd
Shipper Address
NO 6 XINMIN RD XINBI ST JINYUN COUNTY LISHUI CHINA
Consignee Name
Bcs Intl C O Fuel Helmets
Consignee Address
1819, Saint George Street, Green Bay , Wisconsin, 54302
Weight
Weight Unit
K
Weight in KG
Quantity
Quantity Unit
PKG
Shipment Origin
China
Details
5,637.0 kg
From port: Ningbo, China
To port: Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
Place of Receipt
Ningbo
Foreign Port of Lading
Ningbo, China
U.S. Port of Unlading
Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
U.S. Destination Port
Commodity
HELMETS
Container
TCLU5488724
Carrier Name
PARISI GRAND SMOOTH LOGISTICS LTD
Vessel Name
MOL PREMIUM
Voyage Number
052E
Bill of Lading Number
PGDHNGBS009787
Master Bill of Lading Number
ONEYNB0BF3901800
HTS Codes
HTS 6506.10

Old 06-29-2020, 12:32 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
Tao Canada got a shipment of vehicles back in May.

Q9 isn't acting like other dealers. They're saying they are a distributor that supplies other dealers.

As for when stuff arrives, these things aren't like stuff the general public orders where we just follow tracking info. They're on a schedule. Tao China knows exactly when they expect to ship and files with the freight company and US customs. When this happens they know pretty much to within a couple days as to when it will arrive in the US. Basically their given a schedule. US customs doesn't hold these containers for any given quarantine period. They basically scan them through because they know exactly what's in them. They just won't release them until someone pays them. All the info, the scheduling and what not can be tracked with the Bill of Lading. That's how I've been able to see when shipments are arriving. But finding the BOL is a pain because I don't want to pay for a service. There are services out there where you pay to access this info through US Customs.

Here's an example... Use this BOL to to see what comes up. : NB0BF3901800

http://ecomm.one-line.com/ecom/CUP_H...&sessLocale=en

This is the helmets going to BCS.

Date
2020-06-22
Shipper Name
Zhejiang Taotao Vehicles Co Ltd
Shipper Address
Consignee Name
Bcs Intl C O Fuel Helmets
Consignee Address
1819, Saint George Street, Green Bay , Wisconsin, 54302
Weight
Weight Unit
K
Weight in KG
Quantity
Quantity Unit
PKG
Shipment Origin
China
Details
5,637.0 kg
Place of Receipt
Ningbo
Foreign Port of Lading
Ningbo, China
U.S. Port of Unlading
U.S. Destination Port
Commodity
HELMETS
Container
TCLU5488724
Carrier Name
PARISI GRAND SMOOTH LOGISTICS LTD
Vessel Name
MOL PREMIUM
Voyage Number
052E
Bill of Lading Number
PGDHNGBS009787
ONEYNB0BF3901800
HTS Codes
HTS 6506.10
I guess I don't know then; at least no more than anyone else. I don't doubt your data, it's right there for all of us to read.

Sure would be nice to get some accurate info out of the selling dealer though.

Old 06-29-2020, 05:26 PM   #34

I'm done. I cancelled the order and placed a new one with Amazon for a Hawk DLX 250 EFI.

While I knew it was a "pre-order" when I placed it, I'd made the (erroneous) assumption that like other product orders I'd made from other companies, their estimate of "Early June" was based in the same reality that I live in.

My hope was that I'd have a learning platform to work with in order to bring up my skill enough that I wouldn't fail the riding test again. Hindsight being 20/20 and all that, I should have ordered from Amazon to begin with, even though it was basically $1k more. Now I'm basically ****ed and won't have any practice opportunities prior to my retest date.

I made it quite clear in my email that I thought they had absolutely no idea when they would see product from Tao Tao.

I ended up emailing them to cancel because I couldn't get anyone to answer the damn phone. I suspect they're all cowering under their desks by now. Jerks.

Ok, whine done. Thanks guys.

g.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:21 PM   #35

I have been working with a local dealer on a few Kymco K-Pipe simple parts and emailing Kymco USA. They don't seem to know when anything is arriving. Plus, the dealer said they are having trouble with Yamaha parts and their shipment of Ducati parts has been sitting in a California container for about a month now. Said they have many angry customers. Seems everything is messed up right now.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:45 PM   #36

I asked Q9 this morning if they could guarantee my order would ship by 7/10 and if not then I wanted to cancel my order. This would put them at the end of the time frame they originally gave me for order fulfillment from their incoming shipment.

They replied back they could not and have refunded my money. Oh well. Will just have to keep my eye out for a used bike or for some dealer to get something in stock.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:08 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHnTX View Post
I asked Q9 this morning if they could guarantee my order would ship by 7/10 and if not then I wanted to cancel my order. This would put them at the end of the time frame they originally gave me for order fulfillment from their incoming shipment.

They replied back they could not and have refunded my money. Oh well. Will just have to keep my eye out for a used bike or for some dealer to get something in stock.
That's unfortunate, but at least you were promptly refunded. I asked a big dealer here in MI and they told me they were "expecting shipments in the following weeks". I don't have any orders in with them, but used that as a gauge as to when any machines may be reaching dealers.

At this point, I'm hoping to have my Hellcat from Q9 by end of this month, maybe end of first week of August.

After that point, I'll be where the rest of you guys are in terms of frustration and pissed off-edness.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:11 AM   #38

Update - they did promptly refund the order, so there's that I guess.

I've got a Hawk DLX EFI coming from Amazon - already been shipped.

g.

Old 07-02-2020, 11:15 AM   #39

LOL.. Bwahahahahaha!! Q9 sent me a request for review.. for products they haven't even shipped since I ordered back in early May!

Old 07-02-2020, 11:43 AM   #40

I don't know who GVS Brands are (looks to be Canadian), but today at 1500 hours, they're suppose to get 3 containers of ATVs from TaoTao.. They landed in Vancouver, BC, not in Washington State. as the info below shows. Got my fingers crossed hoping US shipments start arriving soon.

Date
2020-06-30
Shipper Name
Zhejiang Taotao Vehicles Co.,Ltd
Shipper Address
Consignee Name
Gva Brand
Consignee Address
11400 TWIGG PLACE UNIT 1 RICHMOND, BC V6V 3C1
Weight
Weight Unit
K
Weight in KG
Quantity
Quantity Unit
PKG
Measure
Measure Unit
X
Shipment Origin
China
Details
38,953.0 kg
Place of Receipt
Ningbo
Foreign Port of Lading
Ningbo, China
U.S. Port of Unlading
U.S. Destination Port
Commodity
ATV ATV ATV
Container
HLBU3243267
HLBU3243288
UETU5903752
Marks Description
AS PER TSL AS PER TSL AS PER TSL
Carrier Name
TRANS SERVICE LINE
Vessel Name
MOL PARADISE
Voyage Number
311E
Bill of Lading Number
TSVCCNNGB576833
HLCUNG12006AWTH6

Old 07-03-2020, 01:48 PM   #41

Maybe they are shipping direct to Canada then trucking to US to somehow avoid tariffs.

Old 07-03-2020, 03:26 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl57 View Post
Maybe they are shipping direct to Canada then trucking to US to somehow avoid tariffs.
I doubt it, but I wish it were true in someway.

Consignee Name
Gva Brand
Consignee Address
11400 TWIGG PLACE UNIT 1 RICHMOND, BC V6V 3C1

I looked them up and in their Linkin profile it says "Founded in 2001, GVA Brands is one Canada's largest independent power sport distributors. "

I also looked at their site and they need as many ATV as they can get. They're showing all their inventory as sold out. They sell under the GIO brand.

There was another container of ATVs, on the same ship from Tao, that is going to another company in Canada.. It's going to some company called "PEAVEY INDUSTRIES LTD." When I googled them, it seems like they sell anything and everything under the Sun.

Old 07-03-2020, 03:45 PM   #43

I have a Hellcat on order with Q9 as well. They told me a couple days ago that Tao is now back in full production as far as they know and it's just a matter of getting bikes produced and getting them here. Said they have pre-orders for about 60 of just the Hellcats and the container holds 80. Hope Tao is not skimping on what quality control they do have just to get them out the door fast.

Old 07-03-2020, 08:21 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl57 View Post
I have a Hellcat on order with Q9 as well. They told me a couple days ago that Tao is now back in full production as far as they know and it's just a matter of getting bikes produced and getting them here. Said they have pre-orders for about 60 of just the Hellcats and the container holds 80. Hope Tao is not skimping on what quality control they do have just to get them out the door fast.

I've been thinking that since stock dried up but didn't want to say it out loud.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:16 PM   #45

My guess is GVA brands is Gio bikes ,sometimes Giovanni bikes ,they have been eBay sellers forever then started there own auction site flashlight boy is a dealer for them .