Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2020, 01:51 PM   #16

Away with you and your rationality!

g.

Old 06-19-2020, 03:06 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoverde18 View Post
I just got a call from Q9 that my DLX is been getting ready for shipment to wait for tracking #.
i placed the order 06/10

So it looks they received all the pre-orders
I dont know what they got in but I just checked there site and when I look at the Tao Bull 200, what I ordered, instead of "pre-order" button, it now says "add to cart".

This a a really positive development! I'm wondering if I should call them or wait for their call.. I had ordered over a month ago..

Old 06-19-2020, 03:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
I dont know what they got in but I just checked there site and when I look at the Tao Bull 200, what I ordered, instead of "pre-order" button, it now says "add to cart".

This a a really positive development! I'm wondering if I should call them or wait for their call.. I had ordered over a month ago..

NVM.. I got excited and called them. They said it's just a system glitch and they only got a few bikes in... nothing more. I asked when they expect the Tao Bull 200 to be in and was told they're hoping to get them by the end of the month.

This blows!

Old 06-19-2020, 06:42 PM   #19

I got bored today and dug a little bit on shipments.. Found a container for Vitacci that's on route to Texas.. Supposedly it's ATV and is scheduled to be in Tx on 6/24. It landed in Long Beach on 6/16 and the Port there released it on the 17th.

So if you've been waiting for something from Vitacci, you might be in luck.

Old 06-20-2020, 06:55 PM   #20

For many TaoTao scooter models . . Mega Motor Madness is presently showing "Restock Date on 08/01".

Old 06-21-2020, 12:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
For many TaoTao scooter models . . Mega Motor Madness is presently showing "Restock Date on 08/01".
Maybe I've become cynical, but I think that date is made up. I say this because I checked some of their other products and everything they had listed as out of stock had the 8/1 date.

Old 06-22-2020, 08:20 PM   #22

Here's an update on the 2nd shipment from Tao.. It finally landed in Chicago this morning then quickly passed customs.. I sure hope it's ATVs, if not ATVs, bikes or whatever others here are waiting on.

Fingers crossed.

Old 06-22-2020, 08:34 PM   #23

We can only hope.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoverde18 View Post
I just got a call from Q9 that my DLX is been getting ready for shipment to wait for tracking #.
i placed the order 06/10

So it looks they received all the pre-orders
i hope so. i ordered my TBR7 from Q9 on 5/16 and still have no tracking info after 5 weeks+... dates been pushed back every time i call. ive been talking to someone who preordered on 5/14 from Q9 and they already have their bike... i dont think they know what they are doing.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:41 PM   #25

Please be my Hellcat... Please be my Hellcat....

Old 06-28-2020, 06:44 PM   #26

Still nothing from Q9. I'd cancel my order and order from someone else, but that would likely just push back a delivery date into August if I'm lucky.

I cannot believe that if they're ordering containers full of product that they don't know precisely where things are at and when they'll reach them. It's simply not plausible.

g.

Old 06-28-2020, 08:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by f15sim View Post
Still nothing from Q9. I'd cancel my order and order from someone else, but that would likely just push back a delivery date into August if I'm lucky.

I cannot believe that if they're ordering containers full of product that they don't know precisely where things are at and when they'll reach them. It's simply not plausible.

g.
I'm tempted to cancel my order with them too and it's because of the same reason as you gave.

They tell everyone they're the distributor, but have no idea when they're going to get stock. There's no way in the world, if they were the distributor, they wouldn't know when something is going to arrive.

For example, when I spoke with BV powesports, before I ordered my scooter in mid May, they told me they're expecting a shipment in mid June. They nailed the date and at that time, the ship hadn't even set sail from China. BV got their shipment of Znen scooters on 6/16.

On the other hand, Q9 keeps telling me 2 weeks. Ok. last week when I called, the said 1week, maybe 2 or 3 weeks. They're just pulling time frames out of the air.

Believe me on this.. If they really were a distributor, they would know because someone is going to have to pay Customs... (I wish they would prove me wrong) And depending on the type of ship it's coming on, it can take up to 3 week. (Larger container ships take about 21 days and smaller ones take about 14 days). Sheesh.. this I learned from trying to track what's coming in from TaoTao.

BTW, the last TaoTao shipment I'm aware of that come in was a load of helmets. It landed Vancouver on 6/25 and that container is on a train to Chicago. It's for BCS International. There was a second container that landed there too, and it's going to Tao Motor of Canada.. more helmets. I can't find anything on actual vehicles.

What's up with all these helmets?

Old 06-29-2020, 03:16 AM   #28

Quote:
I'm tempted to cancel my order with them too and it's because of the same reason as you gave.

They tell everyone they're the distributor, but have no idea when they're going to get stock. There's no way in the world, if they were the distributor, they wouldn't know when something is going to arrive.

For example, when I spoke with BV powesports, before I ordered my scooter in mid May, they told me they're expecting a shipment in mid June. They nailed the date and at that time, the ship hadn't even set sail from China. BV got their shipment of Znen scooters on 6/16.

On the other hand, Q9 keeps telling me 2 weeks. Ok. last week when I called, the said 1week, maybe 2 or 3 weeks. They're just pulling time frames out of the air.

Believe me on this.. If they really were a distributor, they would know because someone is going to have to pay Customs... (I wish they would prove me wrong) And depending on the type of ship it's coming on, it can take up to 3 week. (Larger container ships take about 21 days and smaller ones take about 14 days). Sheesh.. this I learned from trying to track what's coming in from TaoTao.

BTW, the last TaoTao shipment I'm aware of that come in was a load of helmets. It landed Vancouver on 6/25 and that container is on a train to Chicago. It's for BCS International. There was a second container that landed there too, and it's going to Tao Motor of Canada.. more helmets. I can't find anything on actual vehicles.

Makes me wonder if taotao got hit hard with covid or something because all the other brands seem to be getting inventory. They usually sell as fast as they get them but I have seen Boom, Apollo,trailmaster stuff come into stock on websites. Nothing from taotao though.

I remember one of the dealers I talked to in may said taotao was out of helmets at the same time as vehicles. Probably why they are shipping them by the container full. Seems the quads and bikes should be coming too though so kinda weird.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:07 AM   #29

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by f15sim View Post

g.
Well, Q9 is a distributer, same as any other dealer/seller that is "distributing" the product. lol. If they are making sound like they are special, I'm not aware of why or how they would be any different than say, TXpowersports, or wmsbrighton ...

I just checked 6 dealers and all are out of stock. Only one gave even a remotely confident answer as to when they would be seeing more; Blue Line Industries out of Florida says mid-July on their Facebook page.

I think when they start to roll in, you'll see a few dealers getting their inventory at the same-ish time, but the websites won't update to reflect this, since those units will already be sold via pre-order.

I see it as completely plausible that Q9 has no frickin' clue when their containers of bikes are going to arrive; I order a lot of crap from overseas, mostly China, and I have 7 orders that tracking information makes no sense. Some of it says it left country of origin, some say they are Stateside already, but those statuses (stati? statusi?) have been that way for weeks upon weeks.

A lot of this may be the fiasco going on with shipping literally anything out of China, plus US customs. They are probably mandating a 14 day qaurantine of all the shipping containers too, if not a full decontamination process before the goods are allowed through.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:08 AM   #30

One of the things that burns me the most is that I fell for the "sale timer" thing on the TBR7 page. It's just a stupid Javascript counter that resets every 24 hours. Those jerks have even configured nearly all their pages to prevent right-click actions or selecting any text.

In hindsight, looking all over their site, the whole place screams "skeezy used car dealer".

g.