Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2020, 11:22 PM   #1

Need a new Lifan KP200 engine

Recently my Lifan KP200’s engine seized due to oil starvation. I’m trying to buy a new one of these engines and swap them out if it isn’t too expensive to do so. I’ve been searching the internet but I can’t find one of them to buy. I find plenty of 150cc Lifan engines but I can’t find 200s at all. I’d be fine with swapping the current 200 for this 150 as wel but I feel that it might present issues with the engine not fitting correctly as it has a different displacement than what the frame was built for. Does anyone know where I can find the correct engine? My bike is a 2017 Lifan KP200.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanybulletss View Post
Recently my Lifan KP200’s engine seized due to oil starvation. I’m trying to buy a new one of these engines and swap them out if it isn’t too expensive to do so. I’ve been searching the internet but I can’t find one of them to buy. I find plenty of 150cc Lifan engines but I can’t find 200s at all. I’d be fine with swapping the current 200 for this 150 as wel but I feel that it might present issues with the engine not fitting correctly as it has a different displacement than what the frame was built for. Does anyone know where I can find the correct engine? My bike is a 2017 Lifan KP200.
Not sure if you tried contacting these peeps.. but I found them with a simple google search.

http://www.pccmotor.com/lifan-200cc-...-bike2005.html

http://www.2040-motos.com/Lifan/All/...25-set-423174/

BTW, I think you're seeing the effects of COVID and trade issues...

Good Luck!

Old 06-29-2020, 12:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
Not sure if you tried contacting these peeps.. but I found them with a simple google search.
I believe he is looking for the liquid-cooled/fuel-injected version for the bike below.

Toomanybulletss, you should start with Lifan. That engine is fairly 'new' and hasn't been used in other applications, so is very specific, unlike Lifan's more common thumpers that crabjoe linked to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KP-Motorcycle-1.jpg (47.0 KB, 437 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Tags
engine, lifan 200cc