Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2020, 11:11 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl57 View Post
I have a Hellcat on order with Q9 as well. They told me a couple days ago that Tao is now back in full production as far as they know and it's just a matter of getting bikes produced and getting them here. Said they have pre-orders for about 60 of just the Hellcats and the container holds 80. Hope Tao is not skimping on what quality control they do have just to get them out the door fast.
Sorry for my long rant... I'm probably analyzing this way too much but I'm a bit pissed. Mostly because the info they're providing doesn't seem to give any real info as to what's actually happening.

They sent me an email the other day and said all their suppliers were back to full production. I sure hope so since China started reopening manufacturing back in March and supposedly was back in full production in April.

Here's China's Manufacturing Purchasing Managers Index from investing.com (https://www.investing.com/economic-c...turing-pmi-594). As you can see, China's overall manufacturing only really dropped in Feb because of Covid. Anything over 50 is growth, below 50 is shrinkage.

Problem with what they said is that it isn't giving me any confidence as to when to expect shipment. It's really no better then the "approx 2 weeks", they've been telling me, then missing it.

My order was placed back in the 1st week of May based on what they told me. Which was that they were expecting stock by the middle of May to send out. When the mid May came, they pushed it back to the end of May, and so on and so on. It's now July.

I know I can cancel my order, but there's no point in doing such, since no one else has them in stock now. Fact is, it might be worst for me. Reordering from someone else just puts me in the back of the line of this wait game.

I do understand that they're in a hard position. I can't imagine what it would be like now to own a small business and trying to keep it afloat with what's going on.. But come on.. give us some real info, not just something to get us off the phone for a couple weeks.