Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2020, 10:21 AM   #1

Q9 Powersports shipments

They replied to my inquiry this morning-

"We’ve begun receiving our first shipments and expect to fill most pre-orders in the next 2-3 weeks. Once your order is shipped, we will contact you with tracking information."

I placed my order June 4th so I have no idea where my order would be in the queue. Lets hope we get some good news on orders next week.

Old 06-17-2020, 04:43 PM   #2

I’ve had an pre-order pending since May 16th. Idk what Q9 is doing with their shipments. I’ve contacted about 5 different times and it just keeps getting pushed back. Best of luck to you

Old 06-17-2020, 05:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHnTX View Post
They replied to my inquiry this morning-

"We’ve begun receiving our first shipments and expect to fill most pre-orders in the next 2-3 weeks. Once your order is shipped, we will contact you with tracking information."

That's the same answer I got yesterday. I placed an order for a white TBR7 on May 27th. My internal 10 year old is having a fit.

g.

Old 06-17-2020, 06:26 PM   #4

I ordered the Tao Bull from Q9 back on May 6th and still nothing.

I've been following this shipment from Tao, but I don't know what's in the container or who it's for... But it did come from them to the US.

There's also a second shipment from Tao China to the US below. Again, no idea what's in this container or who it's being shipped to. There was one I was following in May that looked liked it ended up at Tao Canada.

Old 06-17-2020, 09:20 PM   #5

Your Stalk Fu is strong! Thanks for the info.

g.

Old 06-17-2020, 09:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by f15sim View Post
Your Stalk Fu is strong! Thanks for the info.

g.
It ain't that good because I just found another one. It went with a different freight company and looks to have landed in CA on the 14th, cleared Customs on the same day and as of yesterday it's still sitting at the Port of LA.

Edit: Found some additional info on this last one.

EDIT: - Found some info on Teng Chang... They sell motorcycle parts, so this one's just parts.. not vehicles. :-(

Old 06-18-2020, 07:52 AM   #7

Not that it means anything in this particular instance but I live near a major CSX rail line that runs north to south and forks to the southeast nearby. Runs from Atlanta to Detroit and west to Louisville where it connects south to Mobile Bay and parts Dixie. Remember that New Orleans is our second largest port.

Traditionally there have been four trains that ply the route daily. Two north, two south. Early in the morning and another pass late at night.

For the past week there have been trains passing hourly either north or south.

Not just the run of the mill trains either. These loads are stacked with containers two high and they are more than a mile long. There are no empty cars or single stack loads, as has always been normal.

Shipping space is at a premium and I am sure there are priorities in place for distribution with motorcycles down the list a bit behind necessities of life.

The ports are open and only awaiting the train space to move the loads to the trucking centers.

Old 06-18-2020, 10:44 AM   #8

Great info krat, thanks! Fingers crossed that ours are in one of those containers.

g.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:58 PM   #9

I noticed q9 has upped their pre-order price for the DLX from $1.8k to $2k in the last week or two. Fingers crossed that's a sign they're expecting to have them in stock at full price in the near future.
The verbiage of the email they sent KHnTX was also different from the one I got 6/10/20 which still gave the 2-3wk time frame but didn't say anything about shipments being received.

Old 06-18-2020, 10:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coggeshall View Post
I noticed q9 has upped their pre-order price for the DLX from $1.8k to $2k in the last week or two. Fingers crossed that's a sign they're expecting to have them in stock at full price in the near future.
The verbiage of the email they sent KHnTX was also different from the one I got 6/10/20 which still gave the 2-3wk time frame but didn't say anything about shipments being received.
They told me on Tuesday morning that they were still hoping to see much of their inventory start rolling in within the next 2-3 weeks, end of June ish.

Old 06-18-2020, 10:46 PM   #11

"End of June" has been the timeline I got when I called to order back on 5/18, so they've been consistent in that regard. Whoever is answering the phones seems to give more accurate info than the canned "2-3wk" email responses everyone has been getting.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:15 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coggeshall View Post
"End of June" has been the timeline I got when I called to order back on 5/18, so they've been consistent in that regard. Whoever is answering the phones seems to give more accurate info than the canned "2-3wk" email responses everyone has been getting.
Based on my experience, it's BS. When I ordered in the beginning of May, the told me by the end of May. During the 2nd half of May, when I called, they said by the middle of June. When I called in the 1st week of June, they changed it to the End of June.

My guess is that if I call them say today or early next week, they'll be saying by the middle of July.

BTW, when I called them last week, they said they had a shipment at the Port of Los Angeles and they were just waiting for customs inspection... said it had already been waiting for a week. I wanted to tell them BS because the Tao China shipments I've found online all pass customs the same day they get offloaded. These freighters don't come into Port and sit. They have other ports of call and on a schedule, so they offload then go. I wanted to call them out on it, but I figured it wouldn't make any difference.

Old 06-19-2020, 12:46 PM   #13

I just got a call from Q9 that my DLX is been getting ready for shipment to wait for tracking #.
i placed the order 06/10

So it looks they received all the pre-orders

Old 06-19-2020, 03:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoverde18 View Post
I just got a call from Q9 that my DLX is been getting ready for shipment to wait for tracking #.
i placed the order 06/10

So it looks they received all the pre-orders
I dont know what they got in but I just checked there site and when I look at the Tao Bull 200, what I ordered, instead of "pre-order" button, it now says "add to cart".

This a a really positive development! I'm wondering if I should call them or wait for their call.. I had ordered over a month ago..

Old 06-19-2020, 03:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
I dont know what they got in but I just checked there site and when I look at the Tao Bull 200, what I ordered, instead of "pre-order" button, it now says "add to cart".

This a a really positive development! I'm wondering if I should call them or wait for their call.. I had ordered over a month ago..

NVM.. I got excited and called them. They said it's just a system glitch and they only got a few bikes in... nothing more. I asked when they expect the Tao Bull 200 to be in and was told they're hoping to get them by the end of the month.

This blows!