Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2017, 02:24 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to thedoc62
new/used Loncin engine needed

i need a new or used engine for my Skyteam V-Raptor 250 bike
original one is a 166FMM Loncin, 223 cc, air cooled, with either electrical and kick start, DEZI 30 carburetor
it suddenly got stuck , my mechanic fears a major damage and suggested me to look for a complete engine to avoid useless dismantling expenses
I found several chinese sites selling such engine at around 250$ but shipping expenses plus italian custom taxes make it absolutely not worth the cost
Can anybody suggest me a cheaper way to get this engine from China or Europe ?
Does any of you have a used engine to sell ?
I think also a different brand could fit, Loncin or Zongshen or Lifan they look all the same to me....................

Old 05-03-2017, 09:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc62 View Post
i need a new or used engine for my Skyteam V-Raptor 250 bike
original one is a 166FMM Loncin, 223 cc, air cooled, with either electrical and kick start, DEZI 30 carburetor
it suddenly got stuck , my mechanic fears a major damage and suggested me to look for a complete engine to avoid useless dismantling expenses
I found several chinese sites selling such engine at around 250$ but shipping expenses plus italian custom taxes make it absolutely not worth the cost
Can anybody suggest me a cheaper way to get this engine from China or Europe ?
Does any of you have a used engine to sell ?
I think also a different brand could fit, Loncin or Zongshen or Lifan they look all the same to me....................
I have 250 cc hawk engine for sale. The price will be around $600 all in to Italy, it will take about 60-90 days to arrive, faster is more expensive.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:42 AM   #3

If it's a CG engine, brand shouldn't matter. There are Lifan 200cc engines on eBay here in the states that advertise world wide shipping. $399 plus shipping. http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIFAN-200CC-...pTYaFw&vxp=mtr

Never mind. I just checked shipping to Italy, $500+.

CG engines are super easy to work on. I'd at least pull off the clutch cover and cylinder head to see what's going on. May turn out to be an easy fix.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:59 PM   #4

Not sure what shipping will be but this one has a 6 speed transmission. https://world.taobao.com/item/446144....z2fCC4#detail
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-04-2017, 04:32 AM   #5

Mad

Hi thedoc62, i am in the same situation, i have the same motorcycle like yours, new but verry bad vibrations after 500km, now 1250km out of service. skyteam belgium WONT give
me warranty. The problem is the counter balance shaft is one or two theet furter.For that the engine must be opened complete.I have than contacted ZUBIKES france.They have the origal engine for the skyteam v-raptor 250, Silver 166FMM loncin engine. The price was 450,-euro and for shipping to belgium was 40,-euro.My trust in skyteam is gone!
I have buy the original VanVan 125 new, the last euro3 here.
Verry verry big diference, complete other motorcycle.
Greetings.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:10 AM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to thedoc62
thank you all

thanx everybody out there for your support
although I have enjoyed my Raptor a lot with all the mechanical issues, right now it seems I have no other chance to wreck it..........any adjust or check would add expenses on a balance that already weighs a lot
keeping the bike would mean repair it and pay a higher insurance rate (my low rate is on the new bike now)
selling it would need previous fixing as well
i can only ask my mechanic a discount on a moped or scooter for my kids in exchange for the wrecking (they often give out such offers here)
it's a pity to see such a cute bike going away but let's admit it, chinese stuff still lacks a lot of reliability on the medium-long term
I am pretty darn sure every owner of the original bike (the Van Van) won't be disappointed as we Raptor owners are.............the Van Van is not cheap at all but now we know why...........