Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2023, 02:52 PM   #1

Tank 200 EFI

Hello, new guy here. Been trying to read up on similar options for a bit but anyways..

I'm thinking about ordering a Tank 200 EFI. What's the opinion on these? The motor in them slightly dependable? I'm a bigger guy (6' 280lbs). Just looking for something that can move me around at least 55mph and love that "Zuma" style appearance. Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Old 08-01-2023, 06:09 PM   #2

The Tank is a new model so not much is known. The 161QMK EFI engine has been out for a couple years and is pretty much the same as the ubiquitous 150cc GY6 engine which is quite reliable. The one in my Clash only has about 3500 miles so time will tell. I would expect the Tank to have similar performance to the Clash which will do a pretty solid 55 mph for me, 215 lb, 6'1, at 4000' elevation.

Old 08-02-2023, 02:59 PM   #3

What about the engine difference between this (gy6) and the clash with the lifan engine? I've read the lifan is pretty reliable, is this a deal breaker as far as it having the gy6? I like the beefiness of the tank a lot more than the clash.

Old 08-02-2023, 03:54 PM   #4

I like the Tank too but it wasn't available when I bought the Clash. Also I wanted 14" wheels. A Lifan made engine is a plus for me because I've had good service from them, but that doesn't mean the Tank's engine wasn't made by Lifan. They will sell engines without the LF engine number to Scooter makers if that's what they want. Other manufacturers also make quality engines so not having the LF engine number wouldn't stop me from buying the Tank.

BTW GY6 is a more or less standardized engine design made by dozens of companies. They're used mostly in scooters but also ATVs and other things. Both the Tank and the Clash have GY6 engines. The 170cc EFI GY6 engines are relatively new but I believe they'll be common before long.