Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2021, 05:32 PM   #1

Headlight Controller wiring scheme

For any of you out there who may be familiar with how the Headlight Controller works... I'd love to get some info about the pinout of the connection to it. Seems my scooter has been modified with a different harness pigtail than what is represented on the generic electrical diagram.

When I got this bike, the headlight didn't work (among other things) and investigating it further I found that there was a disconnected 4 wire plug... but no "Headlight Controller" relay to be found. So I ordered one and connected it... and still headlight no workie. More investigation revealed that some previous owner had "sliced" in the controller pigtail to where they thought it should go... but I'm skeptical. If I could get the correct pinout of the Controller relay, I can trace back what wire should be connected to where on the harness.

Hope this wasn't too confusing

I'm assuming that the controller simply allows voltage to pass through to the headlight circuit once it get voltage from the regulator... that would make sense. But even trying to bypass the controller itself shorts out the system... so something clearly isn't connected correctly.

I've included the portion of the schem that I'l referring to...

thx!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Headlight Schem.jpg (77.6 KB, 175 views)

Old 08-06-2023, 10:54 AM   #2

Didn't anyone answer? I am sure there are riders out there who would like to know too.
The 4 wires are,
power from ignition.
Power from alternator ,yellow.
Ground,
To dip switch.
As colours vary from model to model I have only put the ones that are universal.

Tags
controller, harness, headlight