Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Web Deals - NEW!
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2015, 08:02 AM   #1

Go Pro Clone Action Camera

I have never owned a Go Pro but like the idea of their versatility. I love taking pictures but am way to cheap to buy nice cameras. I have a Nikon point and shoot but its usually at home unless I am traveling or have a planned activity and of course my handy cell phone is now my go to camera for just about everything. Anyway I wanted a Go Pro without the Go Pro price so I started checking them out on Amazon and found this eXuby X1000 for about $53. It loaded with features and even has a screen to view the vids and pics. 12 Megapixel CMOS Sensor with 170 Degree Wide Angle HD Lens shoots at full 1080P resolution at 30fps. This package came with tons on mounting hardware and a nice carrying case. After looking at all of the mounts I decided on a helmet mount to give me a good rider point of view. I have only used it a few times but so far am happy with the results. I dont plan on making any feature films so its perfect for my needs. The full specs and information can be found at the link below. The handlebar mount that came in the kit is way too small for our handlebars but it uses all standard Go Pro mounts available everywhere. Everything is plastic which makes me a little nervous so I was happy to use the provided safety cable to secure the camera to my helmet via an existing screw. I have the camera mounted upside down so I could get the best angle. There is a setting in the menu to allow this. Also many other features for still images, time lapse, etc. Also I bought a 32GB micro SD card locally and its working fine.

One of the nicest features is the full control and review via a free smartphone app. Sharing a wifi connection it allows me to control the camera functions and review the vids and pics on my Android phone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...ilpage_o00_s00

Name:  20151223_150955.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  88.8 KB

Name:  20151215_121436.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  91.0 KB

Name:  20151223_190129.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  84.9 KB

Name:  20151215_121213.jpg
Views: 655