Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 08:15 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to madmaximum Send a message via Yahoo to madmaximum
Plate in hand

I got my MSO from xxx-motorsports on Friday, so to the authorized dmv location I go. They looked at the mso, said it wasn't notarized in 2 locations that needed it, & sent me out the door. On Saturday I went to the next county and tried again. They said they had to verify the vin number by either bringing the bike in, or having a inspection mechanic fill out a form. Sent me out the door with the form. I've been going to the same mechanic for years, so I stopped this morning and he signed away. Went back to the agent this afternoon, and left with registration in hand. They did question the notary part, but after a quick phone call found out it didn't need done because the bike came from CA, which doesn't require the odometer statement be notarized.
I got my first legal ride this evening.....2.4 miles! Odometer is in miles too.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:20 PM   #2

Max, Don't let Suave see this post...

Old 03-27-2007, 07:43 AM   #3

Yeah, I already thought of that!

Old 03-27-2007, 05:50 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
ARGGHHHH... haha.. im still plugging away at all the form chasing i've been doing.. it has started to make me feel like i am a lawyer or a detective.... :-(

oh well, i've been illegally riding all week, its not like i am going to be breaking any speed laws

plus i have an expired tag (which i conveniently secured with duct tape, slightly covering the year sticker...)

i'm glad you got your stuff taken care of, hopefully i will be soon to follow.

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:14 PM   #5

xxx motorsports does provide legit mso's I had no problem with mine.. from them. I paid for it.. but I specified what was needed to pass my states dmv requirements and it was well worth it.

NET

Old 03-27-2007, 10:19 PM   #6

You make a good point about checking first to see what is required. I did quite a bit of research before I bought my bike, saw that other folks had registered Roketas in PA, & bought the bike. I never gave it a thought to stop at the local dmv office to see what was actually required to get the bike titled & registered.
Suave, I wish you the best of luck with yours, but I think your best bet is to hound t-motorsports until you get a legit MSO. That color copy of a generic one with your info typed on it is BS. I wouldn't even try again until they provided a good MSO, to keep trying is just going to make you look like you are the one trying to pull a scam. Keep your head up & don't be discouraged!

Old 03-28-2007, 06:14 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
the only thing my state needs at this point is the legit mco.. thats all i would have needed from the beginning..

I didnt know that the fake one that came on the bike was a fake one.. I've never owned a new vehicle, so i've never even seen an MCO before.

But it doesn't make sense that t-motorsports wouldnt provide a legal "birth certificate" for the bike, unless they were doing something shiesty..

I am still trying to stay sane about all this, they're lucky i havent bothered flying out there and personally talking this over, but with much more force involved.

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:36 PM   #8

Suave,
I think Chuck lives in Cali., You could bring him with you and let him open a can of Whoop A$$ on them...