Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2006, 03:37 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to eddyfx Send a message via Yahoo to eddyfx
Licensing Roketa in Arizona

Ok I have heard of roketa sometimes being difficult to register and plate.
I was advised to go straight to the DMV in Surprise Arizona as they have titled these bikes before and had the least of problems.

!st off let me start with David Maneth, the guy i bought the bike from is a from a brick and mortar dealer and has sold a lot of lifan products so no problem filling out the MSO with dealer number and even had it notarized.

Since I got off work too late to make the DMV, I thought i would take a chance and go to the Check & Cash on 17th ave & Bell road which is also an off site DMV service center ( I was warned about having problems with anything but the DMV).

Well the girl behind the counter really worked with the MSO and the DMV computer after a short time we came to the realization that if you ask for a one year plate, no problem goes right thru, i tried to get a two year plate and, no dice the DMV computer did not want to play nice.

One year plate, no problem,got a new title , plates and later insurance over the internet......and all this took place around 8:30 Pm so it was real convenient for my work schedule.

BTW i did take as much paperwork as possible to make it " official looking", sales receipt, filled out MSO, manual, business card, warranty info, parts list ( dazzle 'em with BS)

That's it......... hope that helps somebody else out, I would like to see more people out there with Chinese bikes out there, I love my old Yamaha as well, but for the price of new one I could buy four roketas........ you get a discount the more bikes you buy, can't beat that!

:wink:

Old 06-22-2006, 07:47 PM   #2

Eddy, there is another place in Phoenix that specializes in plating quads for the street, but will plate dirt bikes, too, called Sierra Title. I had a little scare a few weeks ago when I saw someone selling a Roketa enduro on Ebay because he said he couldn't get a plate for it at the Casa Grande MVD due to his paperwork not stating that his bike was DOT certified. I had just purchased a very similar Jetmoto enduro model that was also not DOT certified, so I thought I would have to sell my bike as well.

I went to a forum site that deals more with quads called www.ridingarizona.com which is where someone geve me Sierra's info. The lady said they charge $30 for their work dealing with the paperwork. She said I didn't have to get an inspection, just send them the paperwork.

I ended up having to go to the MVD (I live in Yuma) for a car, so I took the bike paperwork with me, thinking that non-dealer bikes had to get a visual inspection. It turned out that they would have registered the bike on the spot just from the paperwork, but she did not like the look of the MCO from Jetmoto :(

Anyway, she said I would have to post a bond proving the title was good and clear through a title company, or call Jetmoto and get a more official MCO. I took this route, and a few days later a new MCO arrived.

However, due to unexpected (unrelated) expenses, I will have to wait till next Friday (6/30) before I can take the bike in for round 2. I will keep everyone posted.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:08 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to eddyfx Send a message via Yahoo to eddyfx
Well since I bought mine I helped a couple of other people get theirs thru as well.
Here's what I did, 1st I scanned the original MCO

Then I loaded a copy of the MCO into the pinter as it came with blank spaces.
Once the copy was the right size and positon on the printer , I ran it thru the word processor program and it filled out the copy MCO in the right spots.

Then I loaded up the "original" unfilled ( only thing it had was the VIN number on it) MCO into the printer and ran the word program, presto a professional MCO that looks like it came that way ( the way it should of come in the 1st place) from the manufacturer.

On my MCO, the original dealer filled it out in pen and I got a funny look from the lady when I went to title it, but it still went thru.

Not wanting to take a chance on doing that again and basically to see if the paperwork would go smoothly for a change, see if there was a way to make the process smoother for people in other states that had a hard time plating it, that's why I did it.

Well, it did sail right thru Surprise AZ MVD, one look was all it took.

SO far two places that I know of where you can get your chinese bike plated in my general area.

Trust me appearances are very important, have a dealer number on it, notorize it, fill in all the blanks and place "MC street" at the top of the MCO.

Hope that helps somebody out.