Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #1

Help IronFist with his cb350? On going tread.

I want to ride with my tools, and I want to be able to pick up milk when passing the store on the way home. Or tools and clothes when on a trip.

I'm having trouble deciding on what to use to carry stuff on my cb350 twin. The stock k4 rear rack is very rare. CB350 Four rack doesn't fit. A used k4 rack went on e-bay for $140, and they don't come up for sale much. :x The bike is short wheel to wheel and saddle bags might look kinda dumb. I'm thinking a seat bag? But I need ideas.

Would soft saddlebags look stupid?
How did you carry stuff on your cb?
Do you still have it laying around and want to sell it cheap?
I would have put this in the buy and sell forum, but as of yet I don't know what I need. :? , I'm so new :( .

Old 01-28-2008, 04:01 AM   #2

If I see anything I will let yah know, though I haven't been really looking for mine yet, I've got a pickup to deal with first, and also my new lifan...

These are some cheap soft saddle bags I picked up, I intended to use them with my lifan, but I don't know for sure what I will do with them...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXL-1...2007QQtcZphoto

I'm not sure how they'd look on a cb350

Old 01-28-2008, 10:27 AM   #3

Yep Jim.
I've seen that luggage, they can attach to their tail bag too. I think the tail and 2 saddlebags would look trick on a KLR or a bigger chinabike. The other reason I liked their bags was the shipping price. I can't get leather bags shipped to canada for under $40, even from just across the border. The Ebay store "candianleather" is 20 miles from me, in Ontario, they sell bags cheap, 35$. They still want to charge $40 for delivery. I'd go pick up a set if I knew they would look OK, but I've never seen a picture of a CB350 with hard or soft saddlebags. I think leather would look better, but really I have no clue. :?

If I just go with a tail bag strapped to my flat seat I've got a packsack that I can mod to fit for free. It's not a bad option, but I don't think it's the best option. :? There must be lots of members who rode cb's "back in the day." How did you folks carry your stuff?

Old 01-28-2008, 10:53 AM   #4

To be honest, I think any of the older Japanese bikes look better with the nylon bags. Leave the leather to the HD crowd.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 01-28-2008, 12:40 PM   #5

thanks Brother. 8)
Sounds stupid, but my mom hordes luggage. I sent her a pic of what I got and told her what I want. Ya I was thinking nylon too. I lost a bid for honda samsonite 70's hard sidebags. I would have started borrowing money to get them if I knew they would look good. I think they would have looked good, but I thought a solo seat would look good, and I was SOOOOooooo wrong :oops:

A rubberized nylon tail bag. I'm gonna try to mod it from a packsack so that the sholder straps tie together under the seat. Even if it's a temp solution, I should be able to find out if it will work for me. Does anyone have 12"? x 15'? x6"? tail bag that they can part with cheap? Ha, or even loan? I'm pretty sure I can mcGyver something.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:41 PM   #6

I'm having a hard time finding a 72 cb350 K4 rear luggage rack. I put a pic at the end of my album, page8 of the gallery. Any help would be great. Other years can be modded to fit too so please let me know. Thanks. N2r.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:02 AM   #7

[img]/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7240& g2_serialNumber=1[/img]

Old 02-04-2008, 08:38 AM   #8

Let me know if you find one in the US and need a place to ship it too. I can send it to you from here.

I have a universal type, but it would uglify your bike.

Allen

Old 02-04-2008, 09:06 AM   #9

Yo Bro

Yo Bro,
Did you look on JCwhitneys site yet ? They have them for your year bike , you may not like thier price , but they do have some options for it too, backrest and all ?

Are you still trying to get this bike over to the Isle Of Man to do what you did to my Norton riders in 70's with your evil alcohol and your even evil-er Lady's of The Night ?
Let me guess , the luggage rack is for carrying more booze right , or is it for riding three up this time , with two extra girls I am sure to send to my riders Motel prior to the race !
Have you not shamed the Norton and Triumph riders enough with your puny little CB350 Honda , that your going over to do it agian arent you !
And now, with a luggage rack no less on the bike !
The humanity man ! 8O

When you arrive off the Ferry ,give me a call when you get to the Pub would ya I have a reception crew waiting for your arrival this time .

Later, Cheers , and lots of Cider and Pints for em today, I obviously need them after learning of your ploy to the Isle .

Kelly5150 out

Old 02-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #10

Here is one for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...link:middle:us

Allen

Old 02-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #11

Kato: That's me bidding! 8O No shill bidding guys. LOL :o
Yep and I've got some fenders on the go too. They are 15 footers/ they look great at 15 feet away . I think the rack's got the thinner tubing and will go a lot cheaper than the thick tubed ones. $150. I have to find places that accept cheque payment, because of the wife's not liking sending CC info over the net. Then some ebayers won't mail to Canada. :oops: But with this guy it's ok.

Jim: Thanks for posting that pic brother. I'm anti tech now, I wasn't always.

Kelly the Isle of man is safe from me. I intend to baby the bike's Rpm's and test it's indurance. I want to ride it slowly all over Canada. As for JC's stuff, it's good aftermarket, but not very stock.

As soon as the good weather hits I'll post pics. This winter projet really has helped with the lack of riding. Thanks All 8)

Old 02-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #12

Bidding on eBay is like playing slots at the cassino. 8O
If I win my bike will look pretty good at 5 feet away, and I'll have a place for my tools. If I don't then I have to wait and try the machine again. :x I need more tokens. :P

Old 02-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #13

At least the seller is willing to work with you. Let me know if you need a US address to ship too.

Allen

Old 02-06-2008, 08:46 PM   #14

New,
You have to set up a PayPal account, it's just like opening a bank account where you control the money that is sent and most sellers have Paypal accounts too, it's pretty safe...

Old 02-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #15

Ambassador:
That's the thing, wife doesn't like paypal, rational or not, that's the way it is. But it's cool. I'm working around it. It's more work, but no big deal. Every time I tell her I've got a bid on ebay, she asks "how much?" with that look in her eye. :x When I say it's only $30 or $40 she never bats a lash. She's a keeper.

Kato:
It's not just the address, it's the ebay account. You would have to bid on the item I tell you to bid on, up to my max, and then trust me to pay you. Then mail it on to me once you get the cash and pay. We'd have to have it well figured out in advance. There is a lot of stuff I haven't bid on because of circumstances, but eventually I find a simular item with less conditions. I haven't been shut out yet. :roll: I got 3 side covers for 97 cents each, that was my best purchase, too bad the shipping was $12.