Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2019, 11:48 PM   #1

Issue with a 2019 Apollo 250 **Please Help!!**

Hey guys,

I just got my brand new Apollo DB-36 last week and had it assembled in about two hours. I made sure to check all the bolts around the bike and put blue loctite on most if not all. Put some high octane gas in it and started the engine in just 2 cranks. I was really impressed with how nice the sound of this thing. I ran the motor for about 5-10 minutes just to warm it up then changed the oil to a 15w40. Took it for a spin around my neighborhood. The first thing I've noticed was the gear shifter. It seems like that neutral is very close to 1st and second gear. What I mean is that you'll have to tap really light on the gear to either down shift to neutral or up shift before you get to second. Also, another noticeable issue is that the bike makes some type of clanking sound when you're getting up on the gear. 1st, second, third no problem, but when you get to 4th and 5th you'll hear a clanking sound. I don't think that's normal but that's why I want to ask you guys for your opinion?

Should I be worried?

Engine sounds fine but seems like the gears are a bit faulty...

Again, I don't know anything about these bikes but it just doesn't feel right.

Please comment/reply if you have a same or similar issue or if you have some type of solutions or suggestions.

I would love to hear from you guys!

Old 09-04-2019, 04:44 AM   #2

You just need to ride it. Not broken in yet. Mine makes the clunking sound when shifting and when letting off the throttle. The chain has a lot to do with mine. The chain is a very heavy duty type. A 530. Don't baby this thing during break-in. Don't abuse it either. Do a search on "breaking in your engine" and you may be shocked at the correct way to do it.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:09 AM   #3

yea its a super light tap to go into neutral at first; my first week riding was a pain in the ass because neutral was so hard to find.