Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2017, 07:57 PM   #1

Best Hawk

Hey good to meet every one, I'm WhatTheHawk coming to you from Lincoln NE. I am about to be the proud owner of my very own RPS Hawk 250! Thursday is the day. Id order it from TX Moto, but a very good friend works at the local China bike retailer so I had to get it from Him.

You don't know me, but I'm afraid know most of you. I feel almost like a stalker making a sad confession but I have ventured almost all the way back in the enduro threads absorbing as much of the moto-mechinical brilliance that has come from all of the members of "Chinariders.net". I just want to send out a special thanks to Motocheeze; you were the first person to direction my attention to the RPS Hawk with the exceptional videos and website. But the person who put a the bullet in the chamber was most defiantly was: Ariel Red Hunter. It seems to me that your knowledge is very deep and you always seem more that willing to help out guys like me. ARH, thanks man! I am most honestly a huge fan!

Anyways, the point of this post was not only to introduce myself and mention a couple of the mentors here on Chinariders. The question that I have always wanted to raise is:

Which one of you has the running Hawk with the MOST miles?

Thanks again, Ill be in touch!

PS I will take a ton of pictures and start a new thread with all the details of my purchase and what not Thursday night.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheHawkNE View Post
Hey good to meet every one, I'm WhatTheHawk coming to you from Lincoln NE. I am about to be the proud owner of my very own RPS Hawk 250! Thursday is the day. Id order it from TX Moto, but a very good friend works at the local China bike retailer so I had to get it from Him.

You don't know me, but I'm afraid know most of you. I feel almost like a stalker making a sad confession but I have ventured almost all the way back in the enduro threads absorbing as much of the moto-mechinical brilliance that has come from all of the members of "Chinariders.net". I just want to send out a special thanks to Motocheeze; you were the first person to direction my attention to the RPS Hawk with the exceptional videos and website. But the person who put a the bullet in the chamber was most defiantly was: Ariel Red Hunter. It seems to me that your knowledge is very deep and you always seem more that willing to help out guys like me. ARH, thanks man! I am most honestly a huge fan!

Anyways, the point of this post was not only to introduce myself and mention a couple of the mentors here on Chinariders. The question that I have always wanted to raise is:

Thanks again, Ill be in touch!

PS I will take a ton of pictures and start a new thread with all the details of my purchase and what not Thursday night.
Hey, WhatTheHawk, welcome to this corner of the motorcycling world. Congratulations on your purchase. In my book, the Hawk is the best bang for the buck in the dual sport/enduro world......ARH

Old 02-20-2017, 08:44 PM   #3

Welcome. congrats on the Hawk, and to the point of your thread, GREEN makes for the best hawk.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:08 PM   #4

There has not been a single point when I thought that my hawk purchase was a bad one. I'm sure you will love yours too.

I'm about $1,500 into mine with all my mods and I can tell you it is worth more to me then the money I have into it.

congratulations and dont worry about the stalking, we have yet to issue a restraining order.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:00 AM   #5

I have about 4800 miles on mine right now. Its had its quirks but has never left me stranded.

I hope you enjoy your new bike! I've loved mine, but unfortunately its time for mine to go :( on to bigger and better things!
welcome to CR!

Old 02-21-2017, 02:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mq1991 View Post
I have about 4800 miles on mine right now. Its had its quirks but has never left me stranded.

I hope you enjoy your new bike! I've loved mine, but unfortunately its time for mine to go :( on to bigger and better things!
welcome to CR!
You will sell it for next to nothing 500-700 and many years from now you will lament selling it " that was a cool bike..." hang it up!, make a lamp over your pool table.

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-21-2017, 07:36 AM   #7

I have to confess, I too was a stalker. I lurked around this place for about 6 months before I got my Hawk and became a member. Lots of information here. If you can't find, it just ask. Someone will lead you in the right direction. Welcome to our world. You can go at it two ways, You can go all out and buy every performance mod out there or you can be a cheap bastard like me and do most of the free mods and the least expensive way of doing it. No matter how you do it just have fun doing it and enjoy.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-21-2017, 10:05 AM   #8

Welcome, I'm sure you will enjoy your new bike!

Quote:

About 8 years ago when i first got into china bikes I too was impressed with high mileage stats. Back then Spud racked up 10k on his Zong and everyone was impressed, he now has
60 or 70 thousand who can keep up

These CG engines were designed to be operated in the worst conditions with zero maintenance. If you reasonably keep up with your new bike, it will be running longer than you will care to look at it....

Tires, chains and sprockets will wear, but the cg motors don't seem to care how long they run...

Old 02-21-2017, 07:10 PM   #9

Awsome!

As if I could use any more enthusiasm you all come in telling all this! My god this week has been too slow!

Shout out to mq1991; 4800 miles! That would take me a few seasons I'm sure.

wilserchinarider; From what I've read spud seems to be a really defining opinion on this forum and a great mechanic. He must be the man to beat! Im coming for ya spud.

jerryhawlk; I think I've been on here everyday, avg. 2 hours a day, since Jan 6 so you may be the real weirdo here! But seriously, you've done some pretty sick things for a good price. Defiantly about to delve into your post history for some creative inspiration.

Sportrider; Your the man, thats all that needs to be said there.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:18 PM   #10

My very first two wheel vehicle.

This is what led to the hawk. Absolutley love this thing! I spent 3 seasons on it so far! Still a few quarks to work out but I'll always have it.

Btw, I've never named the damn thing! Any Ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13239431_10157085548525724_1514102528450336918_n.jpg (75.1 KB, 396 views)

Old 02-21-2017, 08:59 PM   #11

Smurf.

Old 02-21-2017, 11:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
Smurf.
Perfect
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-22-2017, 08:13 AM   #13

Quote:

jerryhawlk; I think I've been on here everyday, avg. 2 hours a day, since Jan 6 so you may be the real weirdo here! But seriously, you've done some pretty sick things for a good price. Defiantly about to delve into your post history for some creative inspiration.
Weirdo????From the guy that's been stalking everyone here? My goal is to do as much as I can on the least amount of money possible. lol It was the way I was brought up. When I was young we didn't have much money so everything I had was paid for by money I earned weather it was cutting grass, collecting soda pop bottles for .05 a bottle and my .25 a week allowance. My 1st 2 wheeler or should I say our 1st 2 wheeler was an old mini bike my brother and I picked up for $20. I was only 14 at this time. It had an old worn out 3hp Tecumseh or as we called it a tejunkski
. It was a piece of s__t. So we scraped our money together and had $60. We had our oldest brother bring us to Sears and Roebuck and we went look at a 5hp briggs. This is where the racing instinct clicked in. there were two versions sitting in front of us. One was the classic old copper colored briggs and next to it was a white colored one for a few dollars less. So we started reading the specs. Copper colored motor had a cast iron flywheel with max rpm of 3600 with a governor. The white motor has a aluminum flywheel with a max rpm of 3800 no governor and was designed for high speed pumps. needless to say we went with white. We brought it home and went to mount it. It was a tight squeeze, we had to take the spark plug off to get it past the frame. had about a 1/4" gap between the frame and head. We got everything all hooked up. my brother got on it first, cracked the throttle and flipped it over backwards. First mod was a smaller sprocket. Man that little bike was fast. My oldest brother clocked it at 53mph. From there on I was hooked on speed and hopping up everything that had a motor. Chapter 2 to follow. "Jerry and his 1st motorcycle"
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel