Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2016, 06:27 PM   #61

gio x31 bike

Hello... I do not know if you want a whole bike.... or just the motor??? or wiring harness.... the bike I have an old x31 ,...brand new in stock... cheaper than the price you show in Edmonton... and the motor also in stock... brand new.... the x31 harness they do not stock any more... they have the heist bike harness in stock... see GVA site... let me know if you wan t a new bike or new motor... thanks

Old 12-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY View Post
Hello... I do not know if you want a whole bike.... or just the motor??? or wiring harness.... the bike I have an old x31 ,...brand new in stock... cheaper than the price you show in Edmonton... and the motor also in stock... brand new.... the x31 harness they do not stock any more... they have the heist bike harness in stock... see GVA site... let me know if you wan t a new bike or new motor... thanks
I am considering the idea of transplanting the X31 engine into my XL to upgrade its power and gain the more powerful electrical system. So...now with that said...are you saying that the Heist uses the same engine? If so using the harness from one would probably get me where i need to be wiring wise as it would have the lighting and E start portions in it.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 02-14-2017, 09:59 PM   #63

Ok, after pondering over this thing a lot over the past few months. I have decided i am going to essentially resto mod the bike. By that i mean it will be keeping its stock engine but will be upgraded to 12 v via the methods discussed here. I suspect i can probably find a small 12 volt battery that i can lay flat under the seat similar to what Spud did on his XR. Worse comes to worse i end up adding an adjustable R/R to it to keep from blowing the headlight as that seems the be the only "Gotcha" i see when reading up on converting bikes of this engine family (XL/XR/CB) to 12 volt. Plus it has already been confirmed by our fellow CB riders that it is simply a bulb and battery change. Already seen a few methods that will allow me to adapt modern Dual sport headlight/number plate assemblies to the bike so that helps a lot. There is one headlight made by UFO i keep looking at called the Oregon. It is a dual sport light with signal lights built into it. So more then likely this will be the headlight i end up using. Granted it is only a 35 w headlight so it will probably be about as bright as the original 6 v headlight. Maybe a bit brighter due to being 12v. The 12v conversion is mostly being done to make it easier to service the bike in terms of items like the bulbs.

'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 02-14-2017, 10:58 PM   #64

That's sharp, how much? I like the integrated winkers (you can tell I've been reading Chinese manuals). Is that a sealed beam headlight or a replaceable bulb ?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-15-2017, 02:02 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
That's sharp, how much? I like the integrated winkers (you can tell I've been reading Chinese manuals). Is that a sealed beam headlight or a replaceable bulb ?
From what i have seen depending on vendor it ranges from about $150-200. IIRC it uses a replaceable bulb.
Save
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-25-2017, 01:52 PM   #66

Ok i was doing a bit of thinking last night in terms of doing the engine swap to a Gio engine. All i would really need for wiring off of the bike or if i got a crate motor is the stator and starter wiring. I can most likely use the XLs original harness and at worst have to repin the connector for the stator on either the harness or the stator itself. Other then that i would simply need to make a sub harness for the starter that is only live when the key is on and add a starter button to the handlebars. Am i missing something or would it be literally that easy?
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-03-2017, 01:23 AM   #67

Finally brought the bike home today. Put it in the storage unit soon after i got home with it and the blue Chevy truck that it was sitting in. It is nice to have it much closer where i can work on it from time to time. What i am thinking i may do for now is just get it to a trail ready spec for now to get it ridable. By that i mean is putting a new chain, sprockets and rear tire on. And since i can safely run a 12v headlight on it either way i will pick up one of those UFO units i was looking at.
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-14-2017, 04:28 PM   #68

Well this bike went to a new home yesterday. Needed to come up with some money for rent and it did not last long on the classifieds. In fact the guy who bought it has another one and is planning on using his original one as a parts donor to get this one back together.

Way i view it...As much as i would have liked to build this bike i have a feeling i would have been unsatisfied with the power. So this simply clears space for an XR650 or KLR 650 to take its place later on.
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote: