Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics

Old 10-24-2016, 08:34 AM   #31

What you have there is a new cooler running spark plug.The firing tip doesn't project out as far as the old hot plug.It should work better for your aircooled Hawk.Here's some info that may help.

https://www.ngksparkplugs.com/about-...rk-plug-basics

Old 10-26-2016, 12:23 AM   #32

Okay, so the dealership never found a gasket so they made me one. They did a bad job too lol. So I got it buttoned back up, filled it with oil, put the battery in and tested all of the electrical stuff (everything worked), installed the gas tank and the seat and went to start it...boom, nothing. None of the electrical works. So I finally get it kickstarted, take it around the block a couple times. Seems to be running well. Love the MSF shift lever sooooooo much! A couple hours later, multimeter showed 12.6 volts in the battery (Awesome!) without it being on the battery tender all day. So I checked the fuse. Bingo! Now I need ot figure out what blew it. Fix one thing, discover a new problem, amiright? In addition to this, I can;t seem to get the kickstart lever back on. I can get it on the splined shaft, I can get ti tightened all the way down but everytime I use it, it pulls itself off the shaft. No idea what I'm doing wrong there.

Also, plastics are off to be painted. Tossed the headlight back on, kind of like the way it looks. Has a street fighter look to it lol

Old 10-26-2016, 11:46 AM   #33

I like the headlight as well.

The kicker shaft has a groove machined into it, and the kicker should slide on far enough that the bolt rests in the machined groove. As long as the bolt doesn't fall out, the kicker will never slide off.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-26-2016, 12:42 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post

The kicker shaft has a groove machined into it, and the kicker should slide on far enough that the bolt rests in the machined groove. As long as the bolt doesn't fall out, the kicker will never slide off.
Ah okay. Good to know. I'll get it out on there tonight

Old 10-26-2016, 03:40 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post

It should be noted the bolt needs to be removed to slide it in place...sounds like that is what may be the problem here. Remove bolt. slide it on..replace bolt so it sits in said groove.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 10-26-2016, 03:47 PM   #36

Looking good, can't wait to see the painted parts on it.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:00 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
It should be noted the bolt needs to be removed to slide it in place...sounds like that is what may be the problem here. Remove bolt. slide it on..replace bolt so it sits in said groove.
Yes the bolt was removed when I tried to put it on. I could feel it tighten down but when I swung it out to kick start it, it slid to the end of the shaft and al it's fell off. I'll keep playing with it
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTso View Post
Looking good, can't wait to see the painted parts on it.
Thanks! Should be this weekend

Old 10-27-2016, 02:45 AM   #38

My digital cluster came in the mail today. I got the email while I was stuck in class. I have a calculus 2 exam on friday and I swore I would wait to install it until this weekend. I got home around 10 pm and I finished the install around 11:15 lol! Very easy, very worth it. Thank you mjstef! Great product.

The bike in the "shop bay" lol

Old v. New

Couldn't find anything else to use to get the front wheel off the ground, so lifting with my back ended up with the bike on top of my weight bench of all things. Worked great lol

I have a youtube channel (TexasMoto) and I'll have a video up of a quick night ride with the new cluster soon. I will post the link when I get it uploaded

Old 10-30-2016, 03:27 AM   #39

I've spent about 8 hours int he shop today working on the bike.

First off, my jets came in. I adjusted the mixture screw, replaced the stock 98 with a 110, and tossed it back together. Unfortunately, I couldn't test it because of part 2...

Plastics are getting painted. Metallic Charcoal is what it's called. I'm tired, so I'll spray some clear tomorrow and let them dry for a couple days just to be 100% sure that they're good to go

Old 10-30-2016, 05:03 PM   #40

Tossed the plastics back on

Test rode it. It still won't start or run right. Now it'll idle with half choke (it wouldn't before) but that's the only difference. Time for more research

Old 10-30-2016, 07:34 PM   #41

Now time for the high temperature black for the muff, coming along nicely
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 10-30-2016, 07:55 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Now time for the high temperature black for the muff, coming along nicely
I planned on painting it, I even have a brand new can of black high temp paint. But it doesn't spray so I need to return it lol. That and I need to paint the wheels and the forks and wrap the exhaust. But I need to get it running right first

Old 10-30-2016, 08:46 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95C1500 View Post
I planned on painting it, I even have a brand new can of black high temp paint. But it doesn't spray so I need to return it lol. That and I need to paint the wheels and the forks and wrap the exhaust. But I need to get it running right first
Pull the spray tip off one of those other rattle cans and your in business. Just remember to clear the can by spraying upside down for a few seconds when your done to çlear the tip and it will be ready for next time.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 10-30-2016, 11:36 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Pull the spray tip off one of those other rattle cans and your in business. Just remember to clear the can by spraying upside down for a few seconds when your done to çlear the tip and it will be ready for next time.
It's not a clogged tip, it's like there's no pressure in the can lol

Old 10-31-2016, 12:30 AM   #45

Bike looks good man, like that color choice.