Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 02:32 PM   #1

Hey all, from western north western Pennsylvania

Hmmm.. I am a HD dresser rider, that with some prodding from my buddies, am trying to get back to the roots of my motorcycling with dirt bikes, and with my step children coming of that age want to find a family thing we can all enjoy. So far I have come to the conclusion that these Chinese bikes are pretty damb cool! no one around here has any clue were to find them or what they are like, and thankfully I found your sight which I feel is going to be a great help. So I just wanted to say "how doin" to all and thanks for helping me get back to the roots of motorcycle enthusism! LOL by the way I can't spell either.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:14 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
Welcome, pobiker!

Now I know you can't be no pobiker riding that Harley! :wink:
Glad you were able to find us here and join our little club. There is a lot of stuff to go through on these posts, but that's what makes it all so great. This is the place to go to for support, questions and answers and the very reason I joined up. I have learned from it and have been able to help as much as I could, so feel free to ask questions ... I will bet that you will get an answer pretty quick.
You are right about the China bikes, they are getting more popular all the time and a very economical investment. There is probably a dealer for Lifan somewhere close to you, call American Lifan 877-341-2933 (toll free) and they will tell you the closest dealer so you can check them out in person.

Tom

Old 10-19-2006, 10:18 PM   #3

Hey Po. Welcome.
I'm glad to see a harley guy say china bikes are cool! After hearing so much of the opposite from my Jap/Brit/Harley riding friends.
It's funny after they bag on my bike, I ask if they ever rode one. The answer is always no. Hey, I had $1100.00 total to blow on a toy.
So I got a brand Spankin new Roketa DB07, some spare parts and a used but nice helmet. All on Ebay. Since you already have bikes, you will find these china bikes simple as heck to assemble (they come in a crate) maintain and repair. Plus you mentioned your step kids. Almost all the dealers offer discounts on multiple quantities. The honest truth is. Are they every bit as good as a name brand bike? Nope. But, is a name brand bike worth almost three times as much? NO WAY

Old 10-26-2006, 01:53 AM   #4

Hi pobiker
Welcome to the group!...Don't worry about the hunt & peck thing {typing} ha ya right thought we wouldn't need it now look what these kids did to us! I think I talked to you but if not give me a call. I'm in North East Ohio.
Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net