Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2006, 08:48 PM   #16

I would consider my '89 KLR a world class bike that could do anything. I hammered it - 12k miles in first 7 months and got another 6 or so on it before a car crossed double yellow and totalled it. I've never seen forks crack in half like that before (or since) :wink: .

I took it on many long trips - several trips of 8+ hours... the seat never bothered me because my dirt backround made it feel like I was on a couch. And I gotta have the upright feel.... my Honda Interceptor was nice, but I prefered dirt bike feel.

I even had my KLR on an MX track -- suspension's just too soft for that kind of stuff, but I made due and she cornered very well for being such a pig. Loved it -- would never say a bad thing about a KLR650 because there just isn't anything bad about them.
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 12-30-2006, 08:27 AM   #17

Well as you know a KLR will go anywhere you want to take it...

I love my KLR, I ride it every day. I was looking for a China bike to do some tight trail riding that would be alot more fun than wrestling the KLR all day. Simple as that. If I could only have one bike... The KLR would be it but since I can afford some more toys.... I do.... :wink:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrit
OK, so I gotta ask---What is it about KLR riders gravitating to the China bikes? Is this the ultimate cheapskate acc? Were/are we that cheap.

I had a 2003 that I put 25,000 miles on in two years and then foolishly traded off for a Voyager XII. As capable as the Voyager is for burning up the interstate, I miss the old pack mule. That KLR took everything I could dish out and was always ready for more.

I also hangout over at ADVriders as well as a Tourer's Assistant on Motorcycle tourers forum.