Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2017, 02:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
Certainly too late for this transaction ,but the general consensus when dealing with these china bike venders is to use a credit card for the extra protection in case things go bad .
Yeah I really wish I had done that. If things go bad I'll get my money back one way or another.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*

Old 03-01-2017, 06:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsumd View Post
Anyway, I'm not really nervous about it but I think I'll go ahead and email powersportsmax and test out the whole customer service end of them.
Yeah, good luck with that. I ordered with a credit card last Thursday. The site says orders are processed and shipped within 72 hours (Although re-reading, it actually says "Business Hours", what exactly does that mean, a standard business day is 8 hours, so are they saying 10 business days? ), and your card isn't billed until shipped. I emailed them last night, since that would be three business days which is my reading of the policy. The response I got was the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowersportsMax
The order has been sent to warehouse for pick up. As soon as we get the shipping status from shipping company,we will keep you informed.
Pretty much a useless reply IMHO. I work tech support, and I'd at least follow up with the shipping contractor to get an ETA on the shipping time. I'm really kind of wishing I went through APSCUSA, it would have been a little bit more and after sale support is virtually non-existent, but I would have at least gotten it shipped in a reasonable time frame.

In addition I've heard that their response time for a MCO is pretty poor too. I'm a bit worried that my daughter won't have her dirt bike and I won't have my scooter legal until summer (Maybe a bit of hyperbole there!). I'm holding off on a scathing review until we see what happens, but it's been a week which strikes me as a bit excessive.

Keep us updated on what happens and I'll do the same!

Old 03-01-2017, 07:33 PM   #18

Sorry to hear you are having a bad experience. We will suffer together haha. Seriously though keep me updated and ill do the same.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*

Old 03-01-2017, 08:27 PM   #19

I pretty much got the same response but much shorter and terribly written.

"Now we are checking with our warehouse about the check-in. Update will let you know soon"

Not very reassuring.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*

Old 03-01-2017, 10:42 PM   #20

People have been complaining about ASPCUSA lately in regards to shipping, including one member who ordered two Vaders (actually ASPCUSA sells the Cazador branded 125 minis) in early December hoping to get them by Christmas but did not receive them until January. My guess is the Vaders are drop-shipped and aren't ready for shipping? A week plus a few days seem par for the course lately no matter where people are ordering from!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-02-2017, 01:11 AM   #21

I was sent a follow up email saying that they had received my cashiers check and that they will be updating with order information next. I was actually kind of surprised they sent another email without being asked again. So, let's see how this continues to play out.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*

Old 03-02-2017, 07:04 PM   #22

Well, I said I'd update. I checked the order status this morning and the bikes are showing as shipped. I then checked the tracking info and it's enroute to Chicago as we speak.

I will say, even though they said they'd send shipping confirmation, I still haven't received info from them.

So far, their communication leaves a lot to be desired, I'll post any new developments in a separate thread so I don't completely hijack yours, jsumd.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:32 PM   #23

Thanks for the update! Glad things are moving for you! Yeah, it would be nice if they would just do the things they told you they would do.

So far my order is still pending but I imagine that is due to the check processing. I'm not really concerned at this point.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*

Old 03-06-2017, 10:58 AM   #24

I recieved a email this morning saying "The check is being deposited now. Will update soon.". So, I'm not sure if this means they are just now getting around to depositing my check or if they mean it's still processing. They got the check on the first and you mean to tell me it's taken them this long to put a check in the bank? So far the process has been very slow. I'm not terribly aggravated as of now because 1. know things take time and 2. I expected it to take even longer because I sent a cashiers check. However, I can't help but feel a little annoyed.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*

Old 03-06-2017, 12:24 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsumd View Post
I recieved a email this morning saying "The check is being deposited now. Will update soon.". So, I'm not sure if this means they are just now getting around to depositing my check or if they mean it's still processing. They got the check on the first and you mean to tell me it's taken them this long to put a check in the bank? So far the process has been very slow. I'm not terribly aggravated as of now because 1. know things take time and 2. I expected it to take even longer because I sent a cashiers check. However, I can't help but feel a little annoyed.
Bro i sent my payment via paypal on the 23 and the next day i received tracking info that the bike was getting ready to be picked up for transit, i have a estimated date of 7th for delivery. As of today the 6th it shows the bike at the terminal where it gets loaded on a liftgate to come to me. Ill let you know if i get it tomorrow and post some pics. My experience with venommotorsports has been awesome. They answer messages thru fb on SUNDAYS! Who else does that? Thats what i call customer service! I hope you get your bike soon!

Last edited by veezx20; 03-06-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:30 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezx20 View Post
Bro i sent my payment via paypal on the 23 and the next day i received tracking info that the bike was getting ready to be picked up for transit, i have a estimated date of the for delivery. As of today the 6th it shows the bike at the terminal where it gets loaded on a liftgate to come to me. Ill let you know if i get it tomorrow and post some pics. My experience with venommotorsports has been awesome. They answer messages thru fb on SUNDAYS! Who else does that? Thats what i call customer service! I hope you get your bike soon!
That's some great service! I'm seriously thinking of getting a hawk in the future and that company is on my radar to order from. I doubt I will ever use powersportsmax again (or a cashiers check). Look forward to seeing pics of your bike!
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*

Old 03-07-2017, 06:46 AM   #27

Just a small update on my end. It looks like my bikes have arrived at the destination terminal (Pittsburgh) this morning. Hopefully that means that they'll be here today/tomorrow. If it's any consolation, jsumd, it looks like once the bikes make it on the truck they get to you reasonably quickly.

I won't lie, I'm more then a bit worried about getting the MCOs in a timely fashion given my prior experience with after sale support with a well reputed company. Powersportsmax, as we all know, isn't near as responsive, so we'll see how that goes. The Coolster I'm not as worried about, since it's off road only, so the title/mco is only important when/if I sell, but the Lancer I'd like to commute on when the weather gets a bit better, so I'll need a title/plate for it asap.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:48 AM   #28

Hopefully you get your bikes soon! I look forward to seeing some pics and hearing about your assembly process. I really hope they get the ball rolling on my bike today but I'm not holding my breath. I'm also a little worried how fast they will get me my mco once I get the bike. I'm a patient person but I have my limits.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*

Old 03-07-2017, 05:44 PM   #29

It's starting to look like today is going to be a bust. If I don't have some info by tomorrow afternoon I'm going to start making phone calls. It's been seven days since they got my check and the status of my order has not changed.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*

Old 03-07-2017, 07:23 PM   #30

I thought about going the money order route (I'm a bit of a cheapskate), and your experience is making me really glad I didn't go that route.

Have you thought about sending a link to this thread to them? Bad publicity can be a real motivator to a company to provide an acceptable outcome. I really hope you get a good resolution to your order. In an Amazon.com world we've all become accustomed to order processing in minutes or hours, not days, and orders to our door in two days. I don't think any of us expect a motorcycle delivered to our door in two days, but I really don't think it's too much to ask for same day/next day processing. I really think it's kind of unacceptable to wait a week or more for processing an order, escpecially when the company is just sitting on a couple of thousand of our hard earned dollars.

As for me, the wife got a call today, and the bikes will be delivered between 10:30 and 3:30 tomorrow, so I may try to get our early from work to get them assembled.