Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2019, 04:18 PM   #91

After days of research, I think I found my answer and I would put Colorado in the NOT Legal category. Yes, with enough forms, you might be able to get it plated, but it's not easy and it's about getting lucky.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sit...quirements.pdf

As of 2017, this bulletin says that without FMVSS paperwork, the answer is no. The Hawk doesn't have FMVSS or NHTSA labels.

I'm still going to run a VIN by DMV tomorrow, but I'm not going to risk it. My whole purpose of buying would be a commuter bike.

Now I have to change my username too. S&^%E#!

Old 05-04-2019, 09:03 PM   #92

Does anyone have a Bashan VIN number that I could run through the gauntlet? Ive been told the Bashan models are plateable, but this whole thing has been shakey.

Old 05-23-2019, 03:17 PM   #93

tbr7 reg. in Ct. Any one have a problem? Thanks 2019 tbr7

Old 05-31-2019, 10:08 PM   #94

Got my new Hawk 250 registered in Virginia today. Thought I had read on this forum that the make was going to be Haos in the Va DMV site but the clerk said it had to match what was on the MSO which was RPS, no issues though as RPS was in their system. Only need a state inspection sticker now and I should be good to go on the street.

Just wanted to thank the forum for the info. Don't think I would've bought the Hawk if I hadn't seen others registering them succesfully on here.

Old 06-01-2019, 10:59 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
tbr7 reg. in Ct. Any one have a problem? Thanks 2019 tbr7
Check with motocheez he’s in CT and think he has a CT tag on his TBR7 but Hawk I think Vermont

Old 07-27-2019, 11:16 AM   #96

Got a used Hawk 250 in Kansas, guy selling it said the insurance company had a harder time finding it than the dmv. He had no problem with getting plates on it. he even got full coverage insurance on it once they found it.
We had no problems transferring it to Illinois.
Still looking for a 2nd Hawk, or a Magician.

Old 11-12-2019, 11:20 AM   #97

I just got my Hawk tagged in Kentucky

You can add Kentucky to the list. I had no problem getting my bike tagged in Ky.

They had to do a sheriff inspection of the VIN because it came from out of state.

Now for some warm weather so I can actually ride it lol.

Old 12-04-2019, 12:32 AM   #98

Tagingmy new 2019 EFI Hawk in Colorado

Has any one been successful in taging their hawk in ColoradoI called DMV befor buying my hawk from Q9 Powersports. And was told all I needed was Certificate of Origen and bill of sale. I explained I was buying an Enduror Hawk from China and wanted to register it for the road. She assured me it was all ok

Well that is not what I was told today when I tried to register it with cert of Origen and bill of sale. Now they want a EPA cert and a NADER cert as well.

Please help with advice on how to het it registered

Old 12-04-2019, 07:31 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yor View Post
Has any one been successful in taging their hawk in ColoradoI called DMV befor buying my hawk from Q9 Powersports. And was told all I needed was Certificate of Origen and bill of sale. I explained I was buying an Enduror Hawk from China and wanted to register it for the road. She assured me it was all ok

Well that is not what I was told today when I tried to register it with cert of Origen and bill of sale. Now they want a EPA cert and a NADER cert as well.

Please help with advice on how to het it registered
You should have no problem tagging the Hawk DXL unless you're in California. The Hawk DXL has both Certifications. There should be a tag on the engine or somewhere on the frame with that information. Just take a picture of it and bring with you.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 12-04-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Old 12-10-2019, 07:54 PM   #100

Got my Temp tag in Colorado for my Hawk

I want back to DMV with the pics of the epa sticker and the Highway saftey plate, which by the way was on the VIN plate. The lady I got this time. Did not need or use that stuff that the first lady said she wanted. The second lady said they woukd just register it as a Non conforming and that means that you make an apointment with the state pilice to verify the vin plate and then go back to DMV with thier certification and they issue you the full registration

So I got the apointment this comming monday and got the temp tags

So as I pointed out when you want to register in Colorado tell them it needs to be done as a Non Conforming VIN.

The first lady that gave me the run around was trying to register it as an UnConventional vehical. Dont let them run this on you. Simply go to the DMV and tell them yiu need to register an NonConforming VIN motorcycle. Rhat will get them in the right area of thier computer system

I will confirm monday afternoon. But looks like Colorado will be able to be put in the can register with Vin Verification. Which by the way is a $50 fee

Old 12-15-2019, 10:19 AM   #101

You must be the first person with a DLX in Colorado. Not sure what the hassle is there, because I am fairly certain that CO is not one of the handful of states that try to use California's stringent CARB certification in addition the the federal EPA. In other words, the DLX is certified as a 49-state EPA/DOT legal 'on-highway motorcycle' (Californians need not apply). You will be the pioneer for others in Colorado purchasing the DLX. I know I am curious to know how the Hawk's fuel-injection functions in the higher elevations vs. a carb.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-28-2020, 02:09 PM   #102

Just got my hawk 250 dual sport last week. This is my first post here but I've gotten a lot of info off this site so thank you. Just wanted to post my registration experience. I'm in North Carolina by the way. I called state farm and they were actually able to find the vehicle off the VIN number which surprised me. Insurance through State farm was $5.41 a month. Took the MCO, proof of insurance, and bill of sale in to NC DMV. They didn't give me any issues and cost me $141 after tax, tag and title work. Was in and out in a breeze!

Old 04-28-2020, 02:15 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmix View Post
Just got my hawk 250 dual sport last week. This is my first post here but I've gotten a lot of info off this site so thank you. Just wanted to post my registration experience. I'm in North Carolina by the way. I called state farm and they were actually able to find the vehicle off the VIN number which surprised me. Insurance through State farm was $5.41 a month. Took the MCO, proof of insurance, and bill of sale in to NC DMV. They didn't give me any issues and cost me $141 after tax, tag and title work. Was in and out in a breeze!
Welcome aboard and glad to see all went smooth for you.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-06-2020, 07:58 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmix View Post
Thats great! congratulations I ordered mine. waiting for it. any tips on setup will be helpful. did you order the 2 years motor warranty.?

Old 07-20-2020, 12:48 AM   #105

Arkansas

Registration was a peice of cake in Arkansas. I brought in the mso and bill of sale to the revenue office. I wasn't even asked to show my proof of insurance and I didn't have to pay sales tax! Also, my personal property tax value for the bike is $0, so I shouldn't have to pay taxes every year. Pretty great! 15 bucks later, I have tags.