Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2009, 03:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMStar85
remove the seat, the side panels, the bumper panel, the back-top panel, the sissy bar, and the gas tank to get to it.
I find this frankly unbelievable...after all it's illegal to ride with a failed lamp. In most European countries you have to carry spare bulbs by law, so quick and easy replacement ought to be a feature of the lamps. If true, somebody in the design department wants firing...
Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 04-30-2009, 04:34 PM   #17

New problems!

ok, so I managed to wrench the back fender down and replace the bulb (finally) but in the process i accidentally ripped one of the wires out of the bulb casing. no big deal, i put it back in and the tail light now works fine again.

however...

now the directional lights don't blink (they do turn on when i hit the signal button) and the gas gauge is stuck at empty even though there is gas in the tank. also, when i hit the brakes now the gas gauge goes below empty.

my stepdad thinks maybe the wire touched something metal when i pulled it out, and blew a fuse. anyone know where the fuse box is on these things?

Old 05-01-2009, 02:07 AM   #18

The fact that the direction lights turn on and the gauge moves about indicates that power is getting to them and any fuse in the circuit is OK. That sort of weird electrical fault indicates a bad earth somewhere. Check any connections in the vicinity of the winker relay and the back light assembly that you worked on, for any cables that screw on to the chasis.
Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 05-01-2009, 08:47 AM   #19

Earth is what we refer to as the ground wire in the US. Anyway Forchetto is probably right on with a bad (earth) ground wire.

I had this problem with my headlight. I just added a second ground wire. Sometimes the tiny little wires used are not enough.

Allen

Old 05-01-2009, 09:44 AM   #20

Thanks for the idea. I also think it might be the wrong size bulb; that since the one i got is larger than the original, it might be draining too much power. I'm going to try getting a smaller one and replacing it (again :-P) before i go adding wires. But I'll keep that in mind :-)

Old 05-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #21

So I replaced the bulb...

It took rather a lot of work, but I got the taillight replaced.

The electric start is still completely useless (does nothing at all, not even whining) and the gas gauge doesn't move when i turn the key. The blinkers turn on but don't blink. My parents think the battery's dead; I'm going to try to get some shop to charge it for me (if it can even still be charged) and see what happens.

I think the fuse might also need replacing - any idea where to find it on these things?

Old 05-11-2009, 12:57 PM   #22

Typically the fuse is located where the battery compartment is on those style scooters. Follow the red wire form the battery to a white plastic fuse holder.

M

Old 05-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #23

The gas guage not working is probably because the float in the tank is stuck. Common problem. Usually its a easy fix. Look for where the float is positioned on the tank. Turn the fitting a little bit. What happens is the thing rotates and then the float gets stuck on the side of the tank.

As far as the turn signals not blinking its likely the relay. There is a relay that makes the signals blink. If its gone bad, the lights sometimes will stay lit no blinking, or not work at all.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #24

Scooter's working for now :-)

So, the problem with the lights and the gas gauge turned out to be simply a blown fuse. I was expecting it to have square fuses, so at first I'd completely missed the small cylindrical fuse case lying next to the battery. Thanks mblas3 for telling me how to find it!

I replaced both fuses with new ones just to be safe. Since then it's been running beautifully again - the alarm even works the way it should! :-D

I carry spare fuses now.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:34 PM   #25

Fuel Leak! :?

So, I just moved. The scooter was tied very securely in the moving truck, but still ended up falling off its two-footed stand. No visible damage, I had it nice and wrapped up.

However, it is now leaking fuel. A guy looked at it and wiggled a tube around which seemed to help... it's still leaking though. Sorry for the lack of specifics: it was a hose attached to a small metal "L" shaped tube, the hose had wire coiled around it like a spring. It was on the left side just under the passenger footrest, between the connection for the two-footed stand and the end of the kickstand (when the kickstand is up).

I think I knocked something loose on the drive. If it helps, it's a very slow leak, just a small drop every couple minutes, but I don't like the circles of gas appearing underneath the scooter when I park - that's dangerous and a waste of money!

Old 10-23-2009, 05:24 PM   #26

dude, i have the same scooter you have & have the same problems you have plus some. im going to get rid of mine, i have spent way too much time working on it for something i bought brand new and i never know when its going to leave me stranded in the middle of traffic.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #27

Thats why you should buy a Saga Scooter..