Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2017, 03:16 PM   #1

Zero SR and EVs in general

I was reading a lot about electric bikes (I do like the cars, even though I can't afford them) and ended up writing about it and going down a bit of a rabbit hole.

A Jay Leno version of me would definitely have one, I'm not so sure about the real Sully though...
https://sullybiker.wordpress.com/201...ends-electric/

Old 08-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #2

Well written article man. Ironically enough around the same time i was looking at mountain bikes during the spring i had looked at an Electric mountain bike and an electric Motorcycle. Both made by Daymak. The mountain bike was about $1900 and the motorcycle was just under $2500 iirc
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 08-11-2017, 11:12 AM   #3

Great article Sully. Check out http://emmo.ca/products/
Emmo has locations across Ontario Canada, one in Winnipeg and another in California. In Canada ALL products are considered power assisted bicycles so no licence or insurance is required, you can drive them on bike paths and streets from the age of 14. In Canada (we insure vehicles not individuals) and not requiring insurance on these bikes saves you between $500 and $1000 every year. The most expensive model is under $3000 so in a few year they will pay for themselves. Range is very poor with the provided SLA Gel batteries but at least some models have Lithium batteries available but battery prices are not listed.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:23 AM   #4

Why buy a Grom when you can buy his cheaper electric cousin that doesn't require insurance, can legally be rode on sidewalks (real wheel under 16“), bike paths, parks & public green spaces (like a bicycle) and never requires a cent of gas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f17f47_5a80134d2e3a426bb6a95a4681394d3b-mv2.jpg (19.7 KB, 89 views)