Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #1

125 carbs

I have been monkeying with these chinese carbs and just want to let you guys know if you don't already: the gio 125 claimed to have 26mm carb and it actually only measure 21mm. the gio 110 uses a 19mm.
I have an xr80 that came stock with a keinie(sp) 24mm and it seems to run ok with these 19mm milkuni (runs better than the old stock). so now my new 21mm arrived, I am going to give her a go tonight.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:34 PM   #2

I think I understand; you're going to install a Mikuni 21mm on the XR80?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #3

sorry and yes thats how it got started. looking for a replacement carb for the xr80. originally thought the 110 carb should be plenty... if it works for a 110 then should work for the 80. the 19mm on the xr oesn't have the top end that I was hoping for. so I put the old orignal carb back on, it did go a ted better but it sputter & cough.
so just put the 21mm on the xr, seems to pull a little harder, maybe its just in my head. I will play a little more tomorrow with the needle height and report back.