Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2019, 07:39 PM   #1

Powersportsmax

Powersportsmax

Sales/Delivery - A++
Service/Tech/Warranty - ... Well, you decide.

Sales/Delivery

I ordered a Lifan KPR200 2 months ago from Powersportsmax. I picked this dealer because there aren't any dealers near me (SW Virginia) and from where ever I purchase it would have to be shipped. They had the best price, best warranty, and free shipping. After googling for their reviews, I was having second thoughts. I did find a few positive reviews and went ahead and made the purchase anyway.

They offer a, I believe, 4% discount for checks and money orders. I asked if I could wire the money and get the same deal and they accepted the offer. That's a $96 saving for me! I wired the money on a Friday night and it was approved and shipped the following Monday. I took delivery of the bike that Friday. One week turnaround coast to coast.

The bike arrived in excellent shape. Was easy to install the handful of items that needed installing. The crate was metal frame and bottom with cardboard skin. The bike frame was bolted to the crate frame at the top and wired to the wheels with heavy wire. I put some gas in it, started it up, and rode it up to the house. I uncrated and set the bike up by myself. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's that easy.

The MCO was supposed to arrive automatically on or before the delivery date. Well, that didn't happen. I called and requested them to check on it and I had it a few days later. No problems at the DMV titling the bike.

Service/Tech/Warranty

First off, let me say that everyone that I spoke or communicated with was very polite and friendly. A couple of weeks ago, the check engine light came on and the EFI crapped out. The bike had 450 miles on it. NOTHING should be crapping out.

Anyway, I started my disjointed and chaotic journey through their service system. I won't go into detail here as there is too much to tell and to be fair to the dealer I feel that they genuinely wanted to help, but their system has multiple issues and I fell through the cracks.

Their system was so disjointed that I knew early on if I wanted to get back on the road any time soon I'd have to take matters into my own hands. I diagnosed the problem, ordered and paid for the part, and fixed it myself.

I love the bike, BTW. Exactly what I was looking for. I'll try and do a review on it when I get a chance. Would love to hear from other KPR200 owners. I have seen all of Ceasar1010's posts.

Last edited by Troy; 08-18-2019 at 10:26 PM. Reason: typo

Old 08-18-2019, 08:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy View Post
I diagnosed the problem, ordered and paid for the part, and fixed it myself.
Issue, part ordered, vendor?

Old 08-18-2019, 09:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Issue, part ordered, vendor?

Bike stalled while waiting at intersection. I started it back up and headed the 2 miles back home and noticed the check engine light on and loss of power. After that the bike wouldn't idle at all.

I got the owners manual out. Pretty well written, BTW. Very little Chenglish. The manual says, and I quote, "system fault coding winkle rules are as following ...". Seems the check engine light, or trouble indicating lamp, as they have it, will "wink" out the error code for you. Comical as it may be, it's VERY useful. There is a corresponding fault code table for it also.

Mine was throwing a 13 code, which is for the Idle air control valve (IACV). I removed mine and googled the part number on the OEM part and found them for sale in China only. There was mention of it being used for an evaporative purge valve also, so I googled that also and found out that Bosch brands the exact same part manufactured by the same Chinese company for the VW Pasat. $15 eBay.

I installed the part only to find out that the problem still existed. So, I took some fairings off and got out the flashlight looking for anything obvious and low and behold there was a small black plastic cap laying on the motor. I went back to the manual to look at the other EFI components and found that the inlet pressure sensor looked to be the same size and shape. Sure enough, the cap had somehow popped off of the top of the sensor and landed on the engine. How it stayed there for 2 road trips and about 15 miles is beyond me.

Anyway, I popped it back on and everything's back to normal now. This pressure sensor controls the part that the error code pointed to. Even the trouble light went out. How's that for luck?

NOTE/Update: American Lifan contacted me on the KP club forum on FB (for KP owners only) and apologized for the issues that I encountered and sent me a new, OEM, idle air control valve from Canada. Good company, good product. Love my bike! Powersportsmax has yet to even begin to deal with the issue, support ticket still open, and I have already took care of it a week ago myself.

Last edited by Troy; 08-27-2019 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Update

Old 08-19-2019, 02:18 PM   #4

Nice looking bike. Glad you were able to fix it your self. I'll be waiting on the full report and video.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 08-23-2019, 11:04 AM   #5

Troy.....nice bike!!!! Congrats and keep us posted!!!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 08-24-2019, 05:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Nice looking bike. Glad you were able to fix it your self. I'll be waiting on the full report and video.

Thanks, JerryHawk250, but there won't be any videos as I live in a Cul-de-sac out in the middle of nowhere and am bandwidth challenged.

Old 08-24-2019, 06:11 PM   #7

Update

American Lifan reached out to me on another platform and apologized for the service issue that I encountered and will be addressing the issue further...

NOTE/Update: American Lifan contacted me on the KP club forum on FB (for KP owners only) and apologized for the issues that I encountered and sent me a new, OEM, idle air control valve from Canada. Good company, good product. Love my bike!

Finally hit my 1k km break-in milestone and took my first unrestricted ride today. Got the bike up to 75 MPH shown, 70 MPH GPS, before backing off. I cant believe I passed another vehicle @ 55 MPH in 6th gear on an incline. I've been commuting via the scenic route until now, but think I'll take the expressway this week.

Last edited by Troy; 08-27-2019 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Update

Old 08-27-2019, 03:40 PM   #8

Not sure how I missed this post. Thanks for the update.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-25-2019, 10:30 PM   #9

I ordered a Viper 150 dirt bike from Powersportsmax last year. Bike arrived fast, in good condition. Had one tank plastic screw fall out and they sent me a new one promptly. We love the bike, and dealer has been prompt with communication.

Tags
lifan. kpr200, powersportsmax