Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2022, 08:26 AM   #16

I am digging the tbr7.
about a month on the road, so last week I sold my dd and plan to just ride all summer/fall
I am still tinkering, fine tuning the carb, but still runs solid.

Motocheez on yt has vids on popular upgrades, and has purchased/built half dozen over the last few years.

Prices have been continuing to increase, so $1800 or so is still worth it in my opinion.

Not much difference between the reg and the (d) deluxe. As even some vary with some dealers or time purchased/built.
I think the all LED lights, the choke cable to the bars. SUpposed to have USB port on bars also, but mine did not have that.
I went with white and took off stickers. Looks sweet white/black

I can send links to anything that I purchased when necessary.
Went with JT sprockets and chain. an ebay exhaust, vs the amazon.

Old 07-05-2022, 08:41 AM   #17

The X-pect is high quality and does have a shorter seat height than the KPX, so yeah, for casual offroad that would be fine. And it's much cheaper than the KPX.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 07-05-2022, 10:48 AM   #18

I appreciate all the insight. Making me rethink a lot. I’m good with more road oriented tires, it’ll see mainly road and some light logging roads/my dads yard occasionally with the kids. I’m really trying to keep it all under $2k, wife’s not thrilled with the whole bike idea at all so I wanna keep costs down to help me justify it to her/stay fed. I’ll keep looking

Old 07-05-2022, 10:53 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dig4dirt View Post
I am digging the tbr7.
about a month on the road, so last week I sold my dd and plan to just ride all summer/fall
I am still tinkering, fine tuning the carb, but still runs solid.

Motocheez on yt has vids on popular upgrades, and has purchased/built half dozen over the last few years.

Prices have been continuing to increase, so $1800 or so is still worth it in my opinion.

Not much difference between the reg and the (d) deluxe. As even some vary with some dealers or time purchased/built.
I think the all LED lights, the choke cable to the bars. SUpposed to have USB port on bars also, but mine did not have that.
I went with white and took off stickers. Looks sweet white/black

I can send links to anything that I purchased when necessary.
Went with JT sprockets and chain. an ebay exhaust, vs the amazon.

Links would be much appreciated. This is exactly where I’m thinking thus far. If the weather held longer here I’d consider commuting it more. It’s wet as heck here, and I commute 80 miles round trip daily

Old 07-05-2022, 05:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbogey View Post
I appreciate all the insight. Making me rethink a lot. I’m good with more road oriented tires, it’ll see mainly road and some light logging roads/my dads yard occasionally with the kids. I’m really trying to keep it all under $2k, wife’s not thrilled with the whole bike idea at all so I wanna keep costs down to help me justify it to her/stay fed. I’ll keep looking
Something else to consider is the Bashan models have a counterbalanced engine, much smoother for the road miles. Good luck.

Old 07-05-2022, 08:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Links would be much appreciated.
The tbr7 has tires mainly for road. It was actually my main choice since I am commuting.
My commute is only 6 miles rt. (lol)

I, at the time, searched ebay and amazon for the lowest price/quickest shipping.

amazon items
42 teeth rear sprocket
130 link HD chain
Jets for Stock Carb (only main will fit, not pilot tho

ebay
17 teeth front sprocket
full exhaust just had to make bracket for muffler section and drill hole larger for mid section and also flange holes were made larger
NGK D8EA plug

Here you can see my running costs. $200 for upgrades, under $100 for lubes/oils/etc and $200 for full gear HWK or Hawk brand.
Everything brand new except I saved maybe $15 with the Cold Weather jacket but it was like new. Received it and I dont think it was ever worn.
-ORDERS/MODS- $197
$80 exhuast (ebay)
$12+22 sprockets f(ebay) r(amzn)
$19 chain (amzn)
$12 ext lights (amzn)
$10 jets (amzn)
$7 spark plug (ebay)
$7 storage bag (wm)
$28 tach (amzn)
-tools/oils- $90
$8 feeler (ebay)
$15 fork oil (ebay)
$10 loctite (ebay)
$29 lube/grease (amzn)
$14+14 rotella (wm)
-gear- $205
$40 helmet (amzn)
$45 cold jacket (ebay)
$50 warm jacket (ebay)
$60 pants (ebay)
$10 gloves (ebay)

So just under $1700 shipped to door with the $500 gear/mods added,
that puts me at $2200 total -- notary and tax (wont mention since that will vary with state)
Wifey doesnt work, so rainy days I just drive the fam car to work.

Old 07-05-2022, 09:56 PM   #22

Quote:

3 miles?! Get one of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LFGX4JW...views-81027-20

Unless you mean that wifey literally just reclines on the sofa all day, eating chocolates while watching soap operas and doing her nails, don't let her hear that she doesn't work. It will go badly for you.....
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 07-06-2022, 07:49 AM   #23

I bought my hawk from a Manny dealer. Texas power sports. Would not recommend ! They messed up my paper work and were so hard to contact I thought I was going to have to drive back to Arlington (150 miles) to fix it. No one there gives a shit.
To whoever stole my anti-depressants.
I Hope Your Happy !

Old 07-06-2022, 12:28 PM   #24

After some soul searching and advice from Thumper, I finally got a hold of don today and am buying a storm 250 from him. Just awaiting a shipping quote. The only in stock available tbr7’s I was finding were from manny, and I’m definitely going to stray away from him. Did find one old boy a couple hours from me with a real clean 250 Yamaha who’s considering trading me for a ductless heat pump install, but if Don messages me first I’ll buy the storm either way. Thanks for all the help guys! Ride safe

Old 07-06-2022, 01:48 PM   #25

Quote:
After some soul searching and advice from Thumper, I finally got a hold of don today and am buying a storm 250 from him. Just awaiting a shipping quote. The only in stock available tbr7’s I was finding were from manny, and I’m definitely going to stray away from him. Did find one old boy a couple hours from me with a real clean 250 Yamaha who’s considering trading me for a ductless heat pump install, but if Don messages me first I’ll buy the storm either way. Thanks for all the help guys! Ride safe
Don is a good guy to deal with. I bought my Hawk and a UTV from him in 2016. Had some damage on the UTV and he sent out replacement parts right away. He always answers his emails and returns calls.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 08-04-2022, 09:34 PM   #26

Quote:
The tbr7 has tires mainly for road. It was actually my main choice since I am commuting.

I, at the time, searched ebay and amazon for the lowest price/quickest shipping.

amazon items
42 teeth rear sprocket
130 link HD chain
Jets for Stock Carb (only main will fit, not pilot tho

ebay
17 teeth front sprocket
full exhaust just had to make bracket for muffler section and drill hole larger for mid section and also flange holes were made larger
NGK D8EA plug

Here you can see my running costs. $200 for upgrades, under $100 for lubes/oils/etc and $200 for full gear HWK or Hawk brand.
Everything brand new except I saved maybe $15 with the Cold Weather jacket but it was like new. Received it and I dont think it was ever worn.
-ORDERS/MODS- $197
$80 exhuast (ebay)
$12+22 sprockets f(ebay) r(amzn)
$19 chain (amzn)
$12 ext lights (amzn)
$10 jets (amzn)
$7 spark plug (ebay)
$7 storage bag (wm)
$28 tach (amzn)
-tools/oils- $90
$8 feeler (ebay)
$15 fork oil (ebay)
$10 loctite (ebay)
$29 lube/grease (amzn)
$14+14 rotella (wm)
-gear- $205
$40 helmet (amzn)
$45 cold jacket (ebay)
$50 warm jacket (ebay)
$60 pants (ebay)
$10 gloves (ebay)

So just under $1700 shipped to door with the $500 gear/mods added,
that puts me at $2200 total -- notary and tax (wont mention since that will vary with state)
Thank you for the exhaustive list!

Old 08-04-2022, 10:01 PM   #27

TBR7 all ways,bought 12/22/21 from Walmart $1508.00. Manny would not send me some missing parts,So Walmart jumped in ans returned all of my money. Thanks Manny for the free bike,Walmart saved my butt.

Old 08-05-2022, 12:27 AM   #28

All of the Texas dealers I've seen are owned by the same outfit. Would not recommend. The website says 1 year warranty, but your receipt says basically no warranty. Bought mine from TX Powersports in person after I found they got the Vin wrong for the registration it was very difficult to contact them. No one answered the phone and email address on the website was wrong. This combined with the fact no one there gives a shit. Made it very difficult to register and insure. Thankfully they were so slow with the paperwork when I finally got in contact with them they had not sent the incorrect Vin to the state yet. I'm sure it would have been even more difficult if I didn't live in Texas .
To whoever stole my anti-depressants.
I Hope Your Happy !

Tags
250 cc chinese enduro, begginner, tao tao, tbr7